WOLVERINES!!!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw one on '07 NE of the base. It was not a pine marten.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am sure somebody will call bullshit on this but I believe I seen one west of Medina in the early AM a couple years ago. I am about 90% sure it was a wolverine(due to the distance can’t say 100%). I was heading west and the animal was heading east at a pretty good clip. Moved just like a wolverine and looked like one(100% sure it was not a dog). At first my buddy and I thought it was a small bear which it couldn’t be because of it being Medina and also the way the animal looked as we got closer to it. After researching it we came to the conclusion it was a wolverine. As far as how far away we were from this animal..prob 50 yards or so.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw mine walking towards me down a tree row @ 200yds during a blizzard. I thought it was a bear at first. Didn't know at the time "they didn't exist in ND". Mock if you must...I know what I saw.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wolverine or Honey Badger?...

Last edited:

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get a kick out of the Alaska shows on tv, watching those folks catch and eat them, or watching the wolverines steal their hanging meat. ha

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Young, wild and free: Wolverine spotted in California for only second time in last 100 years

This May 2023 image released by the National Park Service shows a rare wolverine sighting in the eastern Sierra Nevada, Calif. A wolverine was spotted three times last month in the eastern Sierra Nevada, a rare occurrence for an animal that's only been seen one other time in California over the last 100 years, state wildlife officials said. The latest wolverine appears to be a young male seeking a mate. The animal has been spotted twice in the Inyo National Forest and once in Yosemite National Park. (National Park Service via AP)
This May 2023 image released by the National Park Service shows a rare wolverine sighting in the eastern Sierra Nevada, Calif. A wolverine was spotted three times last month in the eastern Sierra Nevada, a rare occurrence for an animal that's only been seen one other time in California over the last 100 years, state wildlife officials said. The latest wolverine appears to be a young male seeking a mate. The animal has been spotted twice in the Inyo National Forest and once in Yosemite National Park. (National Park Service via AP)© Provided by The Associated Press

BISHOP, Calif. (AP) — A wolverine was spotted three times last month in the eastern Sierra Nevada, a rare occurrence for an animal that's only been seen one other time in California over the last 100 years, state wildlife officials said.

While wolverines are native to California, they've been essentially extinct from the state since the 1920s — likely the result of hunting and fur trapping in the decades following the gold rush, though records from the time don't indicate what exactly caused the population to decline.

One wolverine was spotted in the state from 2008 to 2018, beginning in the Tahoe National Forest, officials said. Last month's wolverine is likely a different one because the animal's lifespan is usually 12 to 13 years.

Wonder if you can train one to eat the residents of that shit hole state??

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a rancher in western ND who shot a wolverine a few years ago and around that same time I saw a picture of the one shot close to the peace Gardens.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they legal to shoot in ND?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Rancher said it was chasing his cattle so no charges were filed. There were some newspaper articles written about it and I believe it was mentioned on the local news and Ag week . The one up by the peace gardens was shot by a Native American and was probably shot on the reservation and it was probably attacking his dog. ;)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I realized that I lied or a mistake after some thought. It wasn't a wolverine that was shot up by the Peace Gardens, it was a feral hog. It was about the same time the wolverine was shot so I guess I got my wires crossed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77