WTF is this?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say you send them $25,000, that should put you at the top of the list for that sweet house.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
phil i picture you like a fish right now when a big shiny thing passes on by you know you shouldnt do it but dam it just looks to good to pass up.......
haha do it pussy haha

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
From their website "guidelines"

[h=2]*OUR GUIDELINES FOR “YOUR DREAM HOUSE 25”:[/h]
  • Enclose your contribution of just $25 (money order, bank draft, cash if you wrap it in your letter, or send via PayPal below). Please keep your letter, story or poem to one page.
  • Tell us why your family or whoever you are sending this for would like to have a home in Missouri. We are looking for a family who wants to put down roots and enjoy rural small town life combined with the City of Columbia close by. Please provide your legal name and address for contact in the event that the house becomes yours.
  • Each note will be read; we have friends who have volunteered to help. They knew how happy we were to call Missouri home and know why we are moving. They are going to help us read your stories to choose a family. We promise to respect everyone’s privacy and are working with an established real estate agent to help with the transition. Other families have done this over the years, but we want to go one step further by adding that any contributions more than the mortgage will be used to help with relocation and other expenses for everyone.

• This process will continue as long as needed to pay the bank in full – we hope it happens quickly. The extra help with utilities and the extras we described on the welcome page is our hope and dream for the new family but will depend on how many contributions we receive. The house was our dream; now we want it to be your dream.

• This is not a contest or lottery. With your help, a family will find a new home in a good town, with good people.

• For us, we will consider the home a gift, the family will still be responsible for all legal, financial, and other considerations.

• The exact town is not being given because the towns around Columbia, Missouri are small towns - quiet and friendly, not ready for hundreds of cars to start driving through. We promise that the home is within a 30 mile radius of Columbia, Missouri and as you will see on the map, there are many small towns to check out. Any one of those will give you an idea of where you will be living. Each little town is unique in its history and amenities but similar in being full of hard working families making a life for the future. We want this for you and to start the ball rolling and show our faith in this process, we have begun moving, but there are house sitters, keeping everything safe.

We look forward to meeting you – waiting for your stories . . .

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha yeah I know its a scam but I more confused as to if people ACTUALLY send them money? I remember seeing a while ago someone did a "raffle" for their house for like $25/ticket and the lady that won had to pay so much in taxes she lost money on the deal or something

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know things are legit when they ask you to mail cash;-)

- - - Updated - - -

You should ask them who to make the check out to?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
haha yeah I know its a scam but I more confused as to if people ACTUALLY send them money? I remember seeing a while ago someone did a "raffle" for their house for like $25/ticket and the lady that won had to pay so much in taxes she lost money on the deal or something

The folks who send them $$ are the same folks who buy lottrry tickets and cigarettes instead of winter hats and gloves for their kids.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38