Beaver (OAHE)

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats everyones general consensus on the area? Think its too early with this awesome weather we've been having to head down and give it a whirl?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's never too early to head down on the Beaver.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or necessarily true. With the weather I'm sure the bite died some but both crappies and eyes were going hard last weekend. Talked to one guy that had worked all the way to Yates and caught a boat load of eyes but size was small to the south. Up at the bay there were more decent size fish mixed in but still lots of smalls. The pike were also going bat shit crazy to the point both my buddy and myself had thill bombers destroyed by pike slamming them as we reeled in like it was a top water bait. Also got into a few bass both white and small. The bite for the eyes went nuts the last hour or so as we dragged some lindy rigs around. Like I mentioned average fish ...say 4/5 are in that 10 inch range and hyper aggressive so it can make it tough to get to the bigger ones.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love when people tell me the bite is dead, just like my last fishing report on audubon. There is always a fish biting something someplace, you just have to be there to find it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgot to mention the eyes we were catching were in 1 to 3 feet of water so pitching was the most effective way to go.

Hornhunter

Banned
Banned
Fished langliers to cattail today. Caught close to 20 eyes, most 14-16 with biggest 19.5 inches. 2 crappies and a catfish. 8-15 fow jigs and minnows. Tried gulp and cranks but only wanted minnows.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love when people tell me the bite is dead, just like my last fishing report on audubon. There is always a fish biting something someplace, you just have to be there to find it.

Al Linder garnered a successful life after reading the book "Spoon Plugging" and received the epiphany of LOCATION.

th

th

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57