Blurry cell phone pictures.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an IPhone 5 I believe and during the day it takes great pictures, but at night they are all blurry and out of focus. Is there a way to fix this?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might be the beer goggle effect!

I don't have a I phone but check the flash and focus settings and make sure everything is on Auto.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you would have to adjust the shutter speed and iso I think. I don't know if you can do that on the iPhone or not. I think it is the flash with the cellphone and exposure is off

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I messed around with it a little and putting it on the auto setting helped a little. Still looks a little grainy for my taste. I was doing a little late evening fishing with my son and the pictures were horrendous. Maybe ill have to stick with the digital camera. Thanks for the help fellas.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having a camera set on auto is like driving a automatic Ferrari

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 6S takes way better pics than my wifes 5 overall. Will have to look didn't know there were camera settings in the thing lol.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should have clarified I dont know how much you can change the phones. When people spend thousands on a DSLR camera then run it in Auto is where I was going.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simple fix. It's not your phone that goes blurry at night. You're losing your eyesight because you touch yourself.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Touching yourself makes your eyes blurry?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm an iPhone fan, and have had several. The primary reason I ever get a new one, is that the cameras are getting better by leaps and bound. They never compare though, to a good DSLR. However, the best camera you will ever have, is the one you have with you. That being said, I do not carry a DSLR around with me, but my phone is usually in my pocket.

Low light/night pics suffer with any camera though. The lower the light, the more grainy the picture. Some of that could be cleared up with an ISO adjustment and shutter speed tweak, but that only goes so far when the light is dim.

Try wearing a headlamp while taking night pics, but beware of casting phone-shadows on your subject.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
with proper settings it seems that you do amazing things. Aron Snyder has some good pod cast and lots of good photo forums. I dont know if i will have it for this years elk hunt yet but i want to get a dslr and will carry it at all times with the peak designs capture clip. lots of good pics on Arons site https://gritty-bowmen.myshopify.com/collections/all i love this one

617c37aa57db772a30cefdfa3575a374.jpg

00small76776328.JPG

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are beautiful pics. Long exposures though. Impossible with a phone in your hand.

Two Friday nights ago, around 1 AM a big cell passed just north of Bismarck while I was standing in the river. Lots of lighting. I know, not my smartest moment, but I didn't get out of the water. Anyhow, a local photog got some pics and they are astounding...

Hate to post a link to FB, but this guys night-time storm pics are out of this world.

https://www.facebook.com/zhargrove

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are beautiful pics. Long exposures though. Impossible with a phone in your hand.

Two Friday nights ago, around 1 AM a big cell passed just north of Bismarck while I was standing in the river. Lots of lighting. I know, not my smartest moment, but I didn't get out of the water. Anyhow, a local photog got some pics and they are astounding...

Hate to post a link to FB, but this guys night-time storm pics are out of this world.

https://www.facebook.com/zhargrove

i was saying with a real camera set up on a tripod . My wife told me i need another expensive hobby like i need a hole in my head but i am really starting to have fun taking pics.

- - - Updated - - -

those pics are awesome i really dig the landscape weather pics like that

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, some terrific pics of night-time weather to be had. Cameras be expensive though. This Zachary Hargrove guy has had some real nice pics of the northern lights too...

The best thing to do is practice practice practice. Take lots of photos. It's much better than it used to be, when a guy had to pay for film, and the developing. I still have a 35MM Canon, but haven't snapped a pic in 2 decades or longer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33