Bunk slides?

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody use these? Seems like my setup is kinda a bitch to load on the trailer at times...yes I know to get them wet first. Just wondering if there is any solutions to this.

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could change them out to composite. I had some on my old trailer that were grippy when dry but slick as hell when wet. Not sure what brand they were though.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I fought the carpet and boards for years on several trailers and boats and watercraft and finally spent the big bucks and went with these and wish I would have done it way sooner awesome product.

https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with slides that screw to wood bunks is the bunks still rot out and nothing is gained in the long run tried it and was a waste of time, seems one needs to change boards every 4-5 years or chance loosing them at the ramp.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does nd have a law against power loading? Bunk the way it is is the ultimate it's all in the driver of the truck. If the boat doesn't load properly they need to make an adjustment

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's do this.

image.jpg

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can spray your bunks with Silicone spray, it will take care of the problem. Once you put the boat in water, let bunks totally dry, them spray them completely, let this dry then you will be able to slide on and off much easier.
Make sure it is silicone not WD40 or anything else like that.

Hope this helps, good luck!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boat is too underpowered to drive it on when the trailer is at the right depth. It's a pita. I will buy some of those

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's just the user. U ding up another prop?

Not yet..still have that one on there. Just tired of having to shit can it to get it up the bunks. Don't need the motor to drop into the damn landing again!

- - - Updated - - -

I fought the carpet and boards for years on several trailers and boats and watercraft and finally spent the big bucks and went with these and wish I would have done it way sooner awesome product.

https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with slides that screw to wood bunks is the bunks still rot out and nothing is gained in the long run tried it and was a waste of time, seems one needs to change boards every 4-5 years or chance loosing them at the ramp.

I will be ordering these. Shitty thing is that I will end up paying 130 bucks in shipping because I need 2 12 footers and 2 4 footers! Oh well 300 total is titty sprinkling worth it! Thanks!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never had a problem once I found the right depth to back the trailer in the water. as long as I keep the tops of my trailer's fenders about and inch out of the water I don't need much power to get all the way on.

Filkow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also is GatorBak. Basscat and Yarcraft recently released these on there trailers

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I installed my ultimate bunks on my trailer I mounted them using 5/16" stainless steel carriage bolts. I drilled the holes and then counter sunk the holes to get the carriage bolt heads to be just under the surface of the board. I lost several boards over the years from rot and only being held on with lag bolts that pulled out.
These bunks make loading easy as heck in comparison to carpet, pontoon slides right up on them when wet.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I just have the wife bounce up and down on the bumper. Boat shimmies right on.

Wife, if you're reading this. I love you, and it's just a joke :)

Last edited:

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a difference between the ultimate bunk boards, and composite decking material that you can buy at menards? It seems like if you wanted the supreme model, you could add a couple pieces of angle aluminum (or steel) to the material.

http://www.menards.com/main/buildin...48136896-c-13471.htm?tid=-3631196255777240956

Not necessarily this exact product but it seems like you should be able to buy a poly 2x4 or 2x6 locally.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bunk board material is a lot denser and designed specifically for carrying weight unlike decking material a lot of which is hollow and the bunk board material is more resistant to weather /sun decomposition over time.

Also from my research the material it is made from is also noncorrosive to aluminum, the ingredients of the decking material and other non marine designed polymers have some chemical in it that will eat up aluminum which is why I went with it for my 3 bunk trailer for my triple tube pontoon.

Last edited:

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bunk board material is a lot denser and designed specifically for carrying weight unlike decking material a lot of which is hollow and the bunk board material is more resistant to weather /sun decomposition over time.

Also from my research the material it is made from is also noncorrosive to aluminum, the ingredients of the decking material and other non marine designed polymers have some chemical in it that will eat up aluminum which is why I went with it for my 3 bunk trailer for my triple tube pontoon.

Thanks for the clarification. It was just a thought that came to mind. I'm guessing that when guys replace their bunks with wood, they don't use green treat? or because it has carpet of the board does it matter?

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
You nailed it there too, green treat lumber is just as bad for aluminum due to the chemicals used to treat the wood.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51