Cruise Tips

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which Carnival ship? We are on the Carnival Magic out of Miami mid January too.

Carnival Sensation. Leave Miami this Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

Really debating whether to get the drink package $490/4 days for my wife and I. That's a lot of money in booze, but I'm a NoDak kid and if drink are $10 a pop, they'll be paying me. Wanna get tuned up, but not spring break drunk.

SlickTrick125

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I’m no mathematician but 490 / 4 equals $61.25 per day for you and your wife each. I don’t know you or your wife but I’m pretty certain that at $10 a drink I could rack up a $200 tab per day myself on a normal Saturday, not to mention on vacation. But hay, who am I to judge some people are just not cut out for life on the road.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carnival Sensation. Leave Miami this Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

Really debating whether to get the drink package $490/4 days for my wife and I. That's a lot of money in booze, but I'm a NoDak kid and if drink are $10 a pop, they'll be paying me. Wanna get tuned up, but not spring break drunk.

Remember that you "Each" have to buy the package each person in the room which for a 4 day cruise you have already figured out at $490 for both, they do not allow you to share. You both would need to drink 6 drinks a day on average everyday to hit the break even point for the cost of the package and they limit you to a 15 drink per day max per person as well.. I will include some of carnivals prices and comparisons below.

48110957_10217585584022574_5008477053104685056_n.jpg

48395254_10217554943807802_3756004279660314624_n.jpg

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They limit you to 15 drinks a day?

Who put those titty sprinklers in charge of my liver's health?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you crazy? most folk would'nt jump on any uss minnow these days as it seems no matter what cruise charter ya take you'll get sick....

word of advice "Don't go"

- - - Updated - - -

haha booze pkg eh? that'll get ya sick pronto.... mixed drinks with alkali water ice cubes you will either be puking in two days and have the shits in 12 hrs and remember if you feel like farting don't!! its a trick and you'll shit yourself ..... buddy told me it happened to him....honest.....

bring a bottle of pepto or at least a roll of tums to coat your stomach.

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your thrifty like me,,buy drinks on board till you hit your first port, buy a bottle of something clear on land and fill up a water bottle then walk right on. Order whatever you want for mixers from room service. Also i belive your allowed to bring a couple bottles of wine yourself, if your into that.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cruise + booze = $$$$ there really isn't any way around it .... they make it super expensive so you don't have a boat full of drunks.

not many other places understand ND livers ... except candians...they can put away their fair share too

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
went to a few luau in Hawaii and they are all you can drink sat with canadians the servers just ended up bringing bottles and pitchers of pop.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your thrifty like me,,buy drinks on board till you hit your first port, buy a bottle of something clear on land and fill up a water bottle then walk right on. Order whatever you want for mixers from room service. Also i belive your allowed to bring a couple bottles of wine yourself, if your into that.

If you buy liquor off the ship at ports or bottles of booze from the stores on board the ship they will hold it for you until you disembark, you can't open or consume it on board. You can bring a bottle of wine per person on at boarding but they charge you a $15 a bottle cork fee whatever that is if you drink it anywhere other than your room. If I remember right when one re-boards from port stops they will not let open bottles or beverages onto the ship.

It is much cheaper to go to the beach front bars at port stops and load up on drinks there versus on the ship. My wife and I did this at a couple stops last cruise we went on.

Last edited:

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you buy liquor off the ship at ports or bottles of booze from the stores on board the ship they will hold it for you until you disembark, you can't open or consume it on board. You can bring a bottle of wine per person on at boarding but they charge you a $15 a bottle cork fee whatever that is if you drink it anywhere other than your room. If I remember right when one re-boards from port stops they will not let open bottles or beverages onto the ship.

It is much cheaper to go to the beach front bars at port stops and load up on drinks there versus on the ship. My wife and I did this at a couple stops last cruise we went on.

Your a lot more law abidding than me, I just filled up my water bottle with rum at shop outside of port, put in back pack and onto the ship i went.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if i have to sneak booze on for a vacation some thing is wrong. Back when i was 16 it would have been cool

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your a lot more law abidding than me, I just filled up my water bottle with rum at shop outside of port, put in back pack and onto the ship i went.

Didn't even try as they do a search no different than going through airport security when we did our last cruise, to get back on the ship at every port they run you through a security line check passports, run bags through scanner and one needs to go through scanner as well and anything opened as far as liquids goes in the garbage right there. This was on Royal Caribbean cruise line with 4 Central america / Mexico stops.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31