Early Ice~

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I have to buy Extensions for 13 ft of ice I'am staying home

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brett-Grant-NIWA-and-Natalie-Robinson-drilling-sea-ice.-Credit-Gabby-OConnor-e1484700729786.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The first year I went to Winnipeg it felt like we were drilling through 13’ of ice. The above picture isn’t to damn far off, two extensions didn’t get through in a lot of places we drilled.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to lake Josephine this morning. The bite wasn’t anything special, but the ice is a consistent 7-8 inches everywhere I went. Pretty good considering last week there were big patches of open water last week.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately I think we will see a lot of this, this winter. ;:;badidea

Three occupants escape car after falling into lake in Detroit Lakes

LITTLE DETROIT LAKE, MINN. -- Three people are safe after the vehicle they were in broke through the ice on Sunday evening.
According to a release by the Becker County Sheriff's Office, there was a report of a vehicle going through the ice on Little Detroit Lake at 6:40 p.m. on Sunday, December 24th.

The vehicle, a 1999 Chevy Suburba, was traveling on a part of they lake it had previously been on when it broke through the ice into 11 feet of water.
The three occupants of the vehicle were able to escape by breaking and exiting through the driver side window.
Becker County Sheriff along with Detroit Lakes Police and Detroit Lakes Fire assisted.

Nobody was injured.

Becker County Sheriff's Office wants to use this as a reminder that ice conditions can change daily on a lake.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Unfortunately I think we will see a lot of this, this winter. ;:;badidea

Three occupants escape car after falling into lake in Detroit Lakes

LITTLE DETROIT LAKE, MINN. -- Three people are safe after the vehicle they were in broke through the ice on Sunday evening.
According to a release by the Becker County Sheriff's Office, there was a report of a vehicle going through the ice on Little Detroit Lake at 6:40 p.m. on Sunday, December 24th.

The vehicle, a 1999 Chevy Suburba, was traveling on a part of they lake it had previously been on when it broke through the ice into 11 feet of water.
The three occupants of the vehicle were able to escape by breaking and exiting through the driver side window.
Becker County Sheriff along with Detroit Lakes Police and Detroit Lakes Fire assisted.

Nobody was injured.

Becker County Sheriff's Office wants to use this as a reminder that ice conditions can change daily on a lake.

After this cold snap, things should become a little more dummy proof.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
what are we looking at 8-9 deaths in MN on the ice. The hype is so overrated for early ice. The highest catch rate is July----- lowest is during winter. Its a pastime sport folks -- dont take it seriously. The 24th was still doable for getting out alive -- the 25th temps were not. This week will grow some ice thank god -- but any mistake is going to be exponentially expensive this week. So this circus stunt took how many people away from family xmas eve to help individuals that did not have to be fishing at that hour.

- - - Updated - - -

All i got out of yesterday was a to see a shorthair pump alot of blood for warmth. quite honestly i dont know how they can do it --- tongue hanging out looking to cool down--- while i am freezing so bad i cant feel my hands.

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could see people going through Devils Lake in the next week or so. There were big pockets of open water all over last weekend, now after the cold blast they are all iced over and snow covered. If a guy doesn't know where these spots were, there will be many areas that are now at 15 inches of ice and then all of a sudden these previously open areas probably have 5-6 inches. We are making ice fast now though this week.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I could see people going through Devils Lake in the next week or so. There were big pockets of open water all over last weekend, now after the cold blast they are all iced over and snow covered. If a guy doesn't know where these spots were, there will be many areas that are now at 15 inches of ice and then all of a sudden these previously open areas probably have 5-6 inches. We are making ice fast now though this week.

Heard a couple vehicles went through on Irvine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 107
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34