Electronic Posting

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow..just wow! Looked at the game and fish website again recently. There are lots and lots and lots of folks that have gone the electronic posting route. Tis the way of the world these days, I guess. Personally, i am of the belief to go knock on doors, where you can and are able..but wow...hope hunter numbers don't keep dwindling because of lack of access. Perhaps some allow with permission.
Don't get me wrong..this isnt meant to start a pissing match about Electronic posting..but more so to state a fact, there are many folks Electronic posting.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Electronic posting is bullshit and the devil, all time high poaching and chaos will eventually happen. You heard it here first. That is all…

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d like to see more options for the posting. Open for upland, closed only for deer rifle, call before setting up decoys (in case Farmer Jeff was planning on peeing on his four corners.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

But on a serious note, that posting for specific species, or time is a great idea.

One thing that seems to be more and more common in land leases is the renter specifically inserting language in the lease on being responsible for posting or regulating hunting on the leased land. This is concentrating land into fewer and fewer hands each year.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d like to see more options for the posting. Open for upland, closed only for deer rifle, call before setting up decoys (in case the farmer was planning on spraying or tillage) etc.

Agreed. I would also be nice if they would make a comment like "please, don't even ask" if the answer would be an automatic - no.

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
As a trapper, we needed written permission anyway. Change in generations is the true pain in the ass. Grandpa used to say go ahead and sign, new generation acts like you asked to fuck their sister when you ask to set a few traps. Fishing and ice fishing are my sports now. We don't need no stinking permission...YET...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best time to ask I believe is the when farmers or land owners are on relax mode which obviously would be right smack in the middle of summer or late spring. Eventually you will find someone or get information that will get you someone who will let you hunt or trap on their land.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Access hurdles are a big turn off to hunting but I will never understand the mentality that one would expect to go on another's land to hunt without permission.

If I came home in town to find a stranger playing croquet in my yard or helping themselves to something from the garden, at a minimum I'd have some questions for them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
New generation acts like you asked to fuck their sister when you ask to set a few traps.

^^^ this... and on the other side, city folk treating land and access like a God-given right

plenty of blame on both sides - people have simply gotten more asshole-ish in general

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The average Joe in rural ND is getting priced out of being a hunter. Slowly, as years pass, the average guy will just not hunt as it's too much of a pain in the ass. We're seeing it happen now. We'll become more like SD and then before you know it we're like Illinois. A generation or two of the average Joe not being a hunter will turn more and more Joe's into anit-hunters, and then slowly to anti-gun. The way the rest of the country is going they'll make owning a gun more and more difficult too. They'll price out average Joe's with high costs of ammunition, guns themselves, fees attached to buying them, and other ways we've never thought possible. Culture will change, and it won't be good for the average Joe who just wants to hunt. Paying for access will be the norm.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think as long as they are into it this far ( electronic posting isn't going away ), they should be rid of the posters. If want land posted, do it electronically with options to change with seasons. We "do" knock on doors but driving around looking ,watching for posters and checking Onx is BS.
One or the other, and don't anyone bullshit the crowd and say that you don't look around while your driving even if it is just to your stand.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see it being as big an access problem as I thought it would be. Just made it easier to post. Landowner/contact information is right at your fingertips and those who allowed access before should continue to do so and vice versa. I am hoping it cuts down on traffic where we finally e posted. It was like a bullseye in a sea of red last year. Phone rang non stop.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't see it being as big an access problem as I thought it would be. Just made it easier to post. Landowner/contact information is right at your fingertips and those who allowed access before should continue to do so and vice versa. I am hoping it cuts down on traffic where we finally e posted. It was like a bullseye in a sea of red last year. Phone rang non stop.
I think you spelled it out. It's going to (already has in many areas) basically eliminate unposted land, for the reason you spelled out.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like SD now to me. Interesting to note that we’ve been a no trespassing state forever. But back in the good old days people didn’t care if you hunted. You knew the few to stay away from, but otherwise you had free access. However, the shift in attitudes of landowners and hunters alike changed that, along with $$$ signs. Let’s face it, hunting is now seen as a luxury hobby rather than a good family friendly freezer filling mission.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84