Electronic Posting

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like SD now to me. Interesting to note that we’ve been a no trespassing state forever. But back in the good old days people didn’t care if you hunted. You knew the few to stay away from, but otherwise you had free access. However, the shift in attitudes of landowners and hunters alike changed that, along with $$$ signs. Let’s face it, hunting is now seen as a luxury hobby rather than a good family friendly freezer filling mission.
I disagree I've hunted the same land for 30 years my father hunted it 30 years before me I use the same guns he did and have the same success some years are better then others we still fill the freezer

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d like to see more options for the posting. Open for upland, closed only for deer rifle, call before setting up decoys (in case the farmer was planning on spraying or tillage) etc.
I agree with you on this, but a better way to do it. is to use dates instead of seasons. If you want to exclude it for deer just post it with a start date and end date (Ex Posted 11/10/2023 - 11/26/2023)

One way this would help is I could see it opening up more land, after deer season closes. I would bet that daily hunter numbers in the field drop by 1/3 or more after deer season closes. By that time a lot of guys have quit bird hunting for the year. It's really getting into die hard territory. I would bet that the number of guys in the field after deer season keeps dropping every weekend with the exception of Thanksgiving weekend when we are all looking to get out of Black Friday shopping.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with you on this, but a better way to do it. is to use dates instead of seasons. If you want to exclude it for deer just post it with a start date and end date (Ex Posted 11/10/2023 - 11/26/2023)

One way this would help is I could see it opening up more land, after deer season closes. I would bet that daily hunter numbers in the field drop by 1/3 or more after deer season closes. By that time a lot of guys have quit bird hunting for the year. It's really getting into die hard territory. I would bet that the number of guys in the field after deer season keeps dropping every weekend with the exception of Thanksgiving weekend when we are all looking to get out of Black Friday shopping.
Bow season could kill the date thing as it is open from Sept - Jan

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I disagree I've hunted the same land for 30 years my father hunted it 30 years before me I use the same guns he did and have the same success some years are better then others we still fill the freezer
So do I. But it isn’t viewed that way by many. The urban society in particular, showing up in the farmyard, aren’t welcomed the same way they were 20 years ago.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posting everything from the comfort of your home with a smartphone..we knew hunting was eventually going the way of the rich man long ago and this will be the nail in the coffin sadly enough for a lot with 0 connections. Kids these days won't even make phone calls so good luck trying to make small talk asking for permission. In the end, glad I got to experience what I did growing up!
May I add; thank God for growing up in a couple connected counties where everybody knows everybody and we all just have a common understanding of what's kosher.. I can really see how this affects the non residents and city boys for sure!

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The legislature, and game and fish for that matter, knew damn well this would happen. They single handedly destroyed hunting in ND as we knew it. License numbers are way down and will continue to plummet. At some point the game and fish will need to be funded via the general fund. This driving up taxes. This is another reason to vote to repeal property taxes. Thankfully I have access to great pheasant hunting. I used to hunt anything and everything. Pheasants are the only I hunt anymore. Probably won’t be long and I quit that too. Road hunting isn’t even an option anymore if you wish to do it legally. It just boggles my mind. Protect hunting in your state constitution then fuck it all up at the legislative level 🤣. These clowns never cease to amaze me. There should have been so many stipulations attached to this legislation. Some of which should have been only the owner of the land can post the land, phone numbers mandatorily listed, etc

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys complain to much get out and hunt if you want to if you don't stay the fuck home and let those who want to hunt... nobody ruined anything you think you can only hunt private land or what stop complaining and enjoy what we got why we got it

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys complain to much get out and hunt if you want to if you don't stay the fuck home and let those who want to hunt... nobody ruined anything you think you can only hunt private land or what stop complaining and enjoy what we got why we got it
lol..its guys just reminiscing on the past and looking at the future of the sport. It's a talk forum, let the people discuss their views without getting your whitey tighties in a bunch maybe? A lot in the waterfowl world will throw in the towel while most will adapt and carry on. This is just the tip of the iceberg imho but some of us aren't affected one bit thankfully.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
These days with all the telemarketers, nobody wants to answer a phone anymore if they don't recognize the number, so mandatory listing is basically worthless.

I posed this question before and didn't get an answer or couldn't find info, but does anyone know if there is a listing ( which should be public information beings we pay for it ), of who receives depredation payments ? There better not be a dime going to anyone who's land is posted, signs or electronically. Hear chatter all the time of damage birds and deer are doing to crops and hay.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
These days with all the telemarketers, nobody wants to answer a phone anymore if they don't recognize the number, so mandatory listing is basically worthless.

I posed this question before and didn't get an answer or couldn't find info, but does anyone know if there is a listing ( which should be public information beings we pay for it ), of who receives depredation payments ? There better not be a dime going to anyone who's land is posted, signs or electronically. Hear chatter all the time of damage birds and deer are doing to crops and hay.
Sounds like a great initiated measure to put on the ballot. You don’t get payments if you post your land

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just post everything but open up the ditches like SD. Watch people scream then. The farmer "Owns' everything to the middle of the road but the whole county pays to fix the road that goes past their land. I hope the GF wakes up before all of younger generation just sez FU .

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member

Absolutely Love the guys who bitch and moan about the damage geese do to their crops, deer eating their trees, and coyotes prowling their livestock while they post shit up tighter than a tick whilst not letting a soul hunt their land.

Last edited:

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The legislature, and game and fish for that matter, knew damn well this would happen. They single handedly destroyed hunting in ND as we knew it. License numbers are way down and will continue to plummet. At some point the game and fish will need to be funded via the general fund. This driving up taxes. This is another reason to vote to repeal property taxes. Thankfully I have access to great pheasant hunting. I used to hunt anything and everything. Pheasants are the only I hunt anymore. Probably won’t be long and I quit that too. Road hunting isn’t even an option anymore if you wish to do it legally. It just boggles my mind. Protect hunting in your state constitution then fuck it all up at the legislative level 🤣. These clowns never cease to amaze me. There should have been so many stipulations attached to this legislation. Some of which should have been only the owner of the land can post the land, phone numbers mandatorily listed, etc

Eliminating property taxes will only make it worse quicker. Big money buying land will further gravitate to a place without property tax. I mostly appreciate Becker but this idea is idiotic.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
What an achievement.

BISMARCK – The Center for Digital Government has honored the North Dakota Game and Fish Department and North Dakota Information Technology as winners of the 2023 Government Experience Awards, the Game and Fish Department said Wednesday, Sept. 20. The award recognizes the achievements of states, cities and counties across the nation that have raised the bar on the experience of government services to create a better-engaged constituency and a more responsive government.

NDIT and the Game and Fish Department were selected as State Government Experience Winners for the Department’s parcel project.

“North Dakota Information Technology and North Dakota Game and Fish did an amazing job of adding value to our residents and customers,” said Natasa Radunovic, NDIT team lead. “The Game and Fish team is such a fun and hardworking group of people, always ready for a new challenge. Their dedication, transparency, and collaboration are what help deliver our shared purpose to empower people, improve lives and inspire success.”

Launched in 2021, the electronic posting project, spearheaded by Brian Hosek, Game and Fish Department business operations manager, is a tool for landowners and hunters to identify posted lands digitally within the state. This results in reduced cost and effort to post land physically, while ensuring it meets legal posting requirements.

“State parcels have always been a top data priority for the state,” Hosek said in a statement. “There are numerous use cases for this information that benefit many citizens of North Dakota. The state’s electronic posting system is one example.

“The collaboration and talent of this team, including Melvin Faris, NDIT, and Shane Wegner, Game and Fish Department, has resulted in a successful outcome for electronic posting and the state parcel project.”

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 85