Extended warranty Aul, Delta Auto Protect or Endurance.

HuntFish4life

Has anyone had experience with any of these companies. Looking at one of these companies for and extended warranty and was wondering if anyone has anything they could tell me about the above companies.

Thanks in advance.

cobbwubs

Purchased a 2010 Acadia a few years ago, and our AUL Service Contract saved our butts. We recovered our investment in the contract and some. The deductible was manageable. The only thing it didn't cover for us was shop supplies. We also ALWAYS worked through the dealer who sold us the vehicle.

The dealer let us know ahead of time that these service contracts can be hit and miss, and the companies can be fly by night.

We included the electrical and seals/joints riders.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone had experience with any of these companies. Looking at one of these companies for and extended warranty and was wondering if anyone has anything they could tell me about the above companies.

Thanks in advance.

Buy a ford and don't worry about it.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I rarely put more than 100K on a vehicle so I can say that in the past 20 years an extended warranty would have been a complete waste of money. Cannot think of one instance where I would have used it.

cobbwubs

Here is what I can tell you beyond what I did above and some considerations. I'd suggest researching to see how long each company has been around, and it'd be worth a call to a couple shops to see if they have had any experience with any. Of course, if a person only puts 100,000 miles on a vehicle, it wouldn't make sense. AUL was wuick to respond both to me and the shop. One example... Instead of sending an independent mechanic/adjustor, the shop was able to take pictures of the damaged parts and email them to keep things moving.

I purchased it for peace of mind, because the used vehicle was the largest investment my growing family had put into a vehicle. Since the extent of my knowledge of vehicles ends at simple things like oil changes, belts, pumps, and tires- I've built a relationship with a dealer who I generally trust, who has been fair, and told us the vehicle we were buying, "some go forever, some have issues around 150,000.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33