Favorite meal of the day

Favorite meal of the day

• Total voters

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
got to have my eggs and crispy bacon. Been doing a lot of breakfast burritos lately, eggs, thin crispy bacon or sausage, a bit of spinach, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa verde.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, sure do!

The poll is multiple choice. duhhhhh

2400 you are right. But working 14 to 16 hour days, I tend to skim read stuff on here, even if I happen to take a peek while at work or when I get home.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It depends on the setting, and how the food is cooked. Relaxed evening meal with good friends and slow cooked beef or pork is hard to beat. Camping with family and cooking breakfast on a 21 inch disk off one of my brother in laws farm implements is good too. There is room to cook onions, hash browns, bacon, mushrooms, and eggs for six to eight people. The only thing better than grandkids stuffing their smiley faces before a day of fishing is hunting season and eating while planning the hunt like a wolf pack. Good food, crisp clean air, and the freedom of public land, preferably with meat for the evening meal.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
The next time Bonnie cooks my favorite Norwegian dumpling dish - klubb ... potato, flour and liver dumplings cooked in a broth made by boiling short ribs and salt pork together for a couple of hours. She cleans the short rib meat off the bones and cuts up enough salt pork into 1" cubes to put a cube in each dumpling. Make dumplings the size of tennis/baseballs and cook for at least an hour with the meat and left over salt pork in the broth. Recipe is from Dad's Mom. We all (cousins) gorge on it. It's really great the next morning for breakfast sliced and warmed/fried with butter.

Strange but the other side of my Norwegian family did not have a dish like this.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Breakfast is my favorite. Really like biscuits and gravy. Also right up there is sausage and eggs. Hash browns go with just about any other breakfast food. Occasionally like a bowel of oatmeal but cold cereal is only done when there is absolutely nothing else in the house that qualifies for breakfast. If hash browns and eggs are involved really like my eggs over the hash browns so the runny yolk runs down through the eggs.

Now I'm hungry again.

Have you you had hash browns topped with biscuits and gravy topped with eggs over easy?

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You don't have supper listed. Dinner's at noon. Supper's at 6. Lunch is what you pack. This ain't California.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you you had hash browns topped with biscuits and gravy topped with eggs over easy?
You forgot to mention the massive post breakfast heart attack, but that would be good way to die.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
damned auto-spell. The truth is you're pretty close to the truth with the description of oatmea and bowel vs. bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

And a side of sausage to the hash browns topped with biscuits and gravy and eggs over easy.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
You don't have supper listed. Dinner's at noon. Supper's at 6. Lunch is what you pack. This ain't California.

Man, I'm not from Cali but I've always known it as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Or breakfast, lunch and supper...

Guess really dinner describes biggest meal of day. For my family thats in the evening at home. Such an odd argument and I have no idea. But in Fargo I see alot of lunch specials.

I kinda sound like GST..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too consider them breakfast, lunch, and then dinner.

Most farmer/rancher clans have different names for them than that.

A lot of it is their native country, etc.

Some farmer friends tell me about four meals a day.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked dinner for the purpose of grilling steaks, ribs ect with a cold beer.... but all you talking about breakfast damn. 3 eggs over easy, side of toasted wheat bread, 3 medium pancakes and hash browns is my huckleberry for breakfast or lunch.

I have had the argument with my inlays about supper vs dinner. Raised and breakfast lunch and dinner. They always tell me it's supper time and I respond "there was already the last supper".

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure it wouldn’t hurt me one but to skip a meal now and then. Anyway, if I skip breakfast I end up overdoing it every chance I get to eat the rest of the day.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brefest is a crisp waffle with 2 over easy eggs on top, MAPLE syrup and a triple latte plus the Sudoko puzzle to keep me occupied. Keeps me goin' all day long.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love a late breakfast. I'm just not hungry right away in the mornings. Otherwise we pretty much each supper at 6pm every day, but I love it when the kids are sleeping over at a friends and the wife and I can have a late supper of things the kids won't eat.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love them all. i love snacks to. eating 8 times a day is really nice

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mostly late supper after a few cold ones and watching the grill. Although, biscuits and gravy with some cheesy scrambled eggs are a sure cure for a rumbly tummy the morning after. Kraut buns heated on the dash of a pickup on cold day of deer hunting is a rare specialty for lunch.

★★★★★ Legendary Member

I grew up on a working ranch in CO and it was breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Work days were from dark to dark with some extra work thrown in to fill up that spare time you had. Dinner was after you were back from a days work and the horses were taken care of, then we ate.

Yup sure isn't CA, yuck!

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I grew up on a working ranch in CO and it was breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Work days were from dark to dark with some extra work thrown in to fill up that spare time you had. Dinner was after you were back from a days work and the horses were taken care of, then we ate.

Yup sure isn't CA, yuck!

Always went home for supper and out for dinner. Dinner was more "formal".

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Always went home for supper and out for dinner. Dinner was more "formal".

I've heard that from some of my buddies, I have no problem with it and it makes sense to me.

However at our place Grandpa called it lunch and dinner and if you didn't like that you could find a place that suited you better. I learned early on you don't mess with a guy that actually fought Indians and had been a cowboying for 50+ years.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84