• 51%--75%

Votes: 57 32.4%
  • 76%--100%

Votes: 36 20.5%

• Total voters

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know some guys who never go out by themselves. Personally, if I waited for someone to go with, I'd fish a lot less.

HolePuncher

To me it always depends on, well first how stressed out I am I and how nice the weather is. But for bringing someone with always depends on the person who can go with. There's always them people who don't mind just relaxing watching the water but there also them who wine like kids.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do most of my fishing on a few minutes notice so usually alone. Every so often I have a chance to plan a trip.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found out that if I buy all the bait, pay the gas, and drive both ways... I can usually get one or two to come with in the past. When I moved to Devils Lake which is a one man fishing holes wet dream, where can a person go to fish off shore and catch just as many fish as someone else fishing in a boat. I don't mind fishing by myself but am always willing to pay for gas, all the bait, and drive both ways when needed. Beautiful weekend for some yard work

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have 3 kids. Fishing alone is pure bliss. I love my kids. I love teaching them the outdoors. I also love the occasional peace and quiet.

I prefer to fish with friends/family, but I dont wait/bank on it.

::fishin::

Last edited:

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm shore fishin or ice fishing I like going alone. Don't like going by my self with the boat because of trying to load and unload by my self with out an extra set of eyes to help guide me onto the trailer or back the trailer in

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muddin' seems to lend itself better to a solo trip as most of my spots are only big enough for one guy to fish effectively and boating is definitely more of a team effort with launch/recover duties. Though I do enjoy being the guide sometimes and take particular satisfaction when my counterpart for muddin' does well.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being relatively new to the area, mostly fish alone. Kayak fishing kinda lends itself to that. With the warmer weather this week I am more than ready. Being pulled around by slough sharks is fun.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like fishing alone. However doesn't happen much. When it does it it cherished. With others it becomes a guiding trip

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I enjoy fishing alone. Seam to do better alone. Being alone gives me more time to learn new things. Unloading/loading the boat is no big deal. How ever, I will NEVER leave my Dad on shore if he wants to go.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is something about being on a calm lake, warm sun, a nibble every so often that clears the mind and soul. O-yeah a cold one helps too. Ever try taking 4 grandsons under the age of 10 fishing in one boat on a slow day, DONT;:;banghead

Last edited:

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sometimes I like just to be out there alone, do not mind launch and recovery solo. Most times though I enjoy some company and the extra rods it affords while trolling straight through packs of lindy riggers, just to wake 'em up. Haha

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm comfortable fishing alone. Never seem to plan a trip; just get up and go. Not one to sit on the phone trying to find partners to go with at the last minute. Many of my trips are planned to get out and enjoy the peace and quiet. Fishing and catching were secondary. AND I love to be on the water early, like before sunup.

Can launch and load with the best of them, alone. Just takes extra time to park the rig or get it. I would generally let those at the ramp or coming in behind me load/unload ahead of me when I'm alone. Don't need those people cussing at me!! Although sometimes I end up cussing at them (under my breath) if they are slooowwww.

When I get too old to fish, i'm gonna go down there with a video recorder and put some of those " funnies" on tape!!

good fishing!!

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happen to wake up at 5, nice morning boat in by 5:40. Any luck 5 or more eyes to work by 8. Don't mind a partner but
wouldn't go nearly as much waiting for one to get up.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enjoy fishing solo. Allows me opportunity to try new locations and tactics without all the extra questions of what or why. Fish with my dad and uncle on a regular basis when schedules align. Sometimes is nice to take a break from running the boat and just sit back and enjoy.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually alone unless the dog being with counts , seem to do better he don't complain if we're not catching any thing or how we fish or where we fish handful of ice out of the cooler now and again he's happy

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enjoy fishing solo. Allows me opportunity to try new locations and tactics without all the extra questions of what or why. Fish with my dad and uncle on a regular basis when schedules align. Sometimes is nice to take a break from running the boat and just sit back and enjoy.

Its nice not having to control the boat, I hear you there. Seems like I'm usually controlling the boat, while fishing anyway. I do kind of enjoy running my baddies new ranger. He likes me for the guide and he can take care of his kids. Got another friend who likes to go in my POS boat just so he can relax n fish. And he has a 617 ranger.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'm the oddball here, I can't stand fishing alone..it sucks for me at least. I like taking kids out as well, 3-5 not a problem. I love watching kids and folks that don't get to go out much catch a bunch of fish. It makes my day.
I work shift work and have allot of week days off, really can't stand fishing weekends. So in the summer there are always kids and coworkers and retired family and friends that like to go out. And I also love fishing all day long on the big lake and put lots of miles on stopping here and there for snacks or gas. That's what makes me happy! :)
This was the last time we took the boat out, these kids only get to go out once or twice a year so I make sure we make the most of it! And not a crank in the boat! :)
013_filtered (4).jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36