Gas prices

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else notice gas prices went up $.10 today? Dirty bastards, just in time for the holidays. It's not a lot, but still kind of dirty! Just my $.02

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gas at Wyndmere is 2.19. Always 20cents higher than fargo. That's about 1500.00 for a tanker truck to go 55miles one way.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else notice gas prices went up $.10 today? Dirty bastards, just in time for the holidays. It's not a lot, but still kind of dirty! Just my $.02
This has been coming for awhile now I'm just shocked it took this long with some of the great Lakes states jumping by as much as fourty five cents a week ago. Normally in Bismarck if there is a national news story about gas prices beginning to rise and we're still below them you can almost bank on the next day we will be as high or higher then the number reported on. the reality of the situation is Bismarck should have the cheapest gas in the country yet somehow magically it doesn't work that way and they talk about Fargo having two pipelines being the reason they're gas is cheaper leaving out the fact that Bismarck has a Refinery where most of our gas comes from and it's taking the fuel in at a huge discount but charging the same amount when it comes out even though the shipping costs are just a fraction of anywhere else!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It would seem that with a refinery in Mandan that gas in the Bismarck area should be the cheapest. What I don't know and looking for an answer from someone who has the answer. Does the refinery supply directly to the stations in the area or does their supply go into a pipeline and then shipped to a distributor who sells it to stations?

If the refinery supplies locally then it would seem the gas should be cheaper, if the answer is the latter than that would help explain the higher cost. I don't get to Billings often but when I do I have noticed the same practice. Gas in not generally cheaper in Billings than the surrounding towns even with 2 refineries in the immediate area.

Then again, knowing a couple of station owners personally, the profit on gas is not enough to pay the bills in most cases. Most successful stations make their profit off of convenience store items and sell gas as a reason for people to stop and spend money in the convenience store area. Those of you who remember years ago, stopping at the gas station was to buy gas and once in awhile, if you were lucky, you could talk your parents into buying you an 8 oz bottle of pop. Now it's fill with gas, buy a 44 oz soda, maybe a pizza or fried chicken, and throw in something sweet to top it off before getting back on the road. Just another reason we have to buy bigger pants every year.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do both but most around here is picked up by trucks and delivered. Went by today and the trucks were double wide and still they backed up all the way out of the gate and up the road to the east just about to the cemetery. They used to clame most of bismarcks gas was from other sources right up till they made a bad batch and it became obvious how much was being sold here.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thougnt Tosoro only made diesel and aircraft fuels. Seems they claimed they only stored and mixed unleaded and thats where the bad batch happend.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thougnt Tosoro only made diesel and aircraft fuels. Seems they claimed they only stored and mixed unleaded and thats where the bad batch happend.
Tesoro has always made automobile gas as far as I know

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41