Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yikes.

Smoke.png

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
How can they not have some back burns, or forest management. Seems they dont really give a fuck as the smoke is an American problem. Cant we sue for them screwing up our air, and another summer?

Logging was prevalent back in the day, as generations ago they weren't climate retarded. Logging and forest management is the best thing there is for our environment. Stupid tree hugging losers.
I agree it feels like a poor management problem, probably largely due to public sentiment around preserving nature, and BS like that. Many people dont understand that burning forests is kinda like mowing your lawn, its maintenance, not destructive. Likely many of the areas being burned could have been prevented by better logging practices and/or controlled burns before they got as much fuel stacked up. I dont really know anything tho so dont take my thoughts as gospel.

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't want to be a tinfoil hat guy but read somewhere that the Canadian govt is not letting firefighters battle these fires because it helps sell the narrative of climate change "see what's happening - we need to have more govt/regulation/taxes to help deal with this issue".

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't want to be a tinfoil hat guy but read somewhere that the Canadian govt is not letting firefighters battle these fires because it helps sell the narrative of climate change "see what's happening - we need to have more govt/regulation/taxes to help deal with this issue".
Sounds about right.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
canada is more 'invested' in the climate change EMERGENCY hoax than the US is currently, wouldnt surprise me much.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive heard this as well. They are letting them burn.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
How can they not have some back burns, or forest management. Seems they dont really give a fuck as the smoke is an American problem. Cant we sue for them screwing up our air, and another summer?

Logging was prevalent back in the day, as generations ago they weren't climate retarded. Logging and forest management is the best thing there is for our environment. Stupid tree hugging losers.
I mean canada did sue ND for trying to send out water via the red river 🤷‍♂️ Didn’t want that stank ass water we have down here. Well sometimes the best medicine is their own medicine. Sometimes to beat a retard you gotta out retard a retard….. I don’t understand why these idiots can’t see how beneficial prescribed burns are for not only prairie land but forest land too. It creates new habitats and gives different habitat selection and species diversity in otherwise single stage forests. Tell me black bears and elk and every other species don’t like burn areas the follow year or two. Strutting turkeys, grouse, any other animal will use burns for the regrowth. The minute these tree hugging retards wanted to do away with prescribed burns as a management tool is the same moment we all fucked up the environment.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
To beat the retard, you gotta out retard the retarded. Gotta go full retard eh. Learn something new everyday here guys.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We actually have a problem and they won't fix it(fire/smoke). That's because there is no money in it. But they will create a fictitious co2 problem and pour billions into, so they can fill their pockets with tax payer dollars. Full on retard is exactly what this is.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah, that's not likely a reasonable way to describe it. More like, take a look at the overall size of the fires and understand how much in the way of resources it would take to go in and stamp out the last burning ember. As some on here have noted, at least a few of these fires are located in peat bogs. They, along with coal veins, are very difficult to fully extinguish.

I can't imagine our Canadian friends that live in the downwind area of the fires are very happy about the smoke either.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, that's not likely a reasonable way to describe it. More like, take a look at the overall size of the fires and understand how much in the way of resources it would take to go in and stamp out the last burning ember. As some on here have noted, at least a few of these fires are located in peat bogs. They, along with coal veins, are very difficult to fully extinguish.

I can't imagine our Canadian friends that live in the downwind area of the fires are very happy about the smoke either.
I dont have any Canadian friends, nor do I care about their fires, but I do care about them effing up my ND air, and feel as though they need to do something about it, cant the King socialize a fire crew and make this all better?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
To beat the retard, you gotta out retard the retarded. Gotta go full retard eh. Learn something new everyday here guys.
No no…. Never go full retard…. If you out retard a retard that makes you a retard and a half which is the equivalent to rain man type powers

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you have breathing issues, quite bitching.
Fire is essential to a healthy ecosystem.

I've worked fighting forest fires. When conditions are right, they can be a bugger to control even with good equipment.
Those fires up north will benefit more then they harm in the long run.

Let it burn ,get new growth,benefit the critters and it should be years enuff to regrow before you Debbie Downers have to whine about it again.

Northern Canada ain't ND with roads every mile or 3.
Think about it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unless you have breathing issues, quite bitching.
Fire is essential to a healthy ecosystem.

I've worked fighting forest fires. When conditions are right, they can be a bugger to control even with good equipment.
Those fires up north will benefit more then they harm in the long run.

Let it burn ,get new growth,benefit the critters and it should be years enuff to regrow before you Debbie Downers have to whine about it again.

Northern Canada ain't ND with roads every mile or 3.
Think about it.
Dude calm your feelings down….. most here actually do believe burns are a very good thing. We are just pointing out the excessive nature of things compared to the past and the inconvenience it’s having here in ND. It’s not a bad thing to notice inconsistency in anything these days especially with the political climate we are in. We get it we really do. Thank you for your service in a dangerous game. But could you blow the shit at Seattle or California instead?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 173
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 59