Ice Pirates??

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah they were on Chief Gall point west of bridge. Only two groups there when I've seen that point packed with three times as many people. Like I sad earlier, they didn't even see the two sticks they had over there until they were almost done setting up. If those guys think they can spread out 50 yards in every direction in that area, they're gonna be having conflicts all winter.

I can't get out until maybe next Monday, I'm sure they'll slow way down by then, usually happens that way.

i would not have left and maybe fired their sticks back to them

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife got this for the house. 8E2E2063-F100-4D23-9A6E-C84D0866B822.jpg Maybe I should put it on a post and put it up outside my Clam whenever I’m fishing! ;:;rofl

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old jiffy is obnoxiously loud, and I usually have a blue tooth speaker with that can put out some noise too. If guys are getting on my nerves I find it fine to ruin my day by drilling 100 unnecessary holes and blasting music, if it also ruins the day of a entitled DICK next to me

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
i would not have left and maybe fired their sticks back to them

I’m not a fan of dipshits on the ice. But ignoring that these guys had lines right there and saying to fire them back is a bit much even for me. When I go out fishing with the kids, I spread tip ups around the house. Max of probably 30 yards. If some assclown threw my tip up back at my house, Momma probably wouldn’t be happy when the kids retold the story of how the old man dealt with it.

I say say there’s always a lesson you can teach your kids no matter the circumstance.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were talking a bunch of shit so that’s why it would get fired back. If you spread your stuff out that far and some one is still another 10-20 yards from the far sticks there should be no problem. Especially in this spot.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
They were talking a bunch of shit so that’s why it would get fired back. If you spread your stuff out that far and some one is still another 10-20 yards from the far sticks there should be no problem. Especially in this spot.

im with you. I think your buddies were ok with what they did and did not escalate the situation. Catching a limit within eye sight is icing on the cake!!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think the guys being dicks were out of line. takes a big man to badmouth from 150 yards away.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Honest mistake on your brothers part. I would have stayed and kept fishing as there was nothing illegal. I don’t like when someone puts a House right next to mine but I don’t own the ice.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta admit: I'm a bit torn by the hole mentality of tip-ups and set lines far from your house. I mean, if you're pretty much on your own and away from the crowd, sure, spread them around! But if you're in a pretty well known community spot, it takes a special kind of asshole to blanket the entire area and say "I claimed this, you need to find somewhere else to fish." You certainly can't take that kind of "ownership" during the summer (unless I suppose you're anchored and have bobbers cast out all around the boat) so it's odd folks find it perfectly acceptable in the winter.

Personally, I don't like having my tip-ups too far from the shack. I've lost many light biters due to not getting there fast enough. And I grew up down in the Shitties where things left more than 10 yards from a house meant they were apt to get run over by speeding pickups, 4-wheelers or snowmobiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahaha ...."hole mentality." Inadvertent typo and ice fishing pun.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Here I was expecting some kind of post involving a hottie ice fishing. Nonetheless, if a guy comes over at me screaming then I'll be a dickhead back. If he wants to just chat I'd have probably moved willingly whether he wanted me to or not. Who the hell fishes with sticks these days anyways? Tip-ups are rather affordable, not?

Sometimes a good ole screaming match can end well anyways. I parked like an asshole at Dans in Bismarck one day a few years back cuz the lot was rather empty and some guy called me out on it. I was in a bad mood so we yelled at each other for a few minutes. By the end I realized I was being a prick, thanked the guy putting me in my place, shook his hand and re-parked my car properly in the empty lot.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you are like most ice fisherman and you go with a couple buddies you have a ton of buckets, augers, ice houses, poles, tip ups, 4wheelers, sleds, etc. Just equipment in general. When we go I spread that shit out over about 75 yards so no one can just set up next to you. You would be surprised at how much ground you can cover by spreading out. If you have extra poles it also helps to throw in a few pretend lines just sitting in a pole holder on the edges not actually in the water. After a couple hours of everyone showing up and not wanting to move you can start to slowing move your stuff closer. Sometimes you have to be an asshole to beat and asshole.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure whats worse, guys that put up 20 tip-ups in a community hole and try to claim the whole thing, or guys that show up at the community hole at sunset and start drilling next to everyone's stuff. I personally try to get as far away from people as possible, i do put up some tip ups to cover depths and keep a buffer area. Its amazing though how a guy can be a mile from any other fisherman on some random island at Audubon and 1/2hr before sunset some jack wad will drive out and set up closer to my own tip-up than i am fishing.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
If there is a particular spot you want to fish, make sure you are the first person to that spot.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
when fishing the more secluded the better. I'm a hermit when ice fishing, or any time for that matter. I don't want to hear other peeps and definitely stay far away from the mob

bigsky2

I'm more tolerant of people fishing close to me when they aren't being loud or obnoxious, blasting music, running a 4 wheeler all over, or when their dog isn't running around pissing on my gear.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are like most ice fisherman and you go with a couple buddies you have a ton of buckets, augers, ice houses, poles, tip ups, 4wheelers, sleds, etc. Just equipment in general. When we go I spread that shit out over about 75 yards so no one can just set up next to you. You would be surprised at how much ground you can cover by spreading out. If you have extra poles it also helps to throw in a few pretend lines just sitting in a pole holder on the edges not actually in the water. After a couple hours of everyone showing up and not wanting to move you can start to slowing move your stuff closer. Sometimes you have to be an asshole to beat and asshole.

State law is

Fishing poles must be easily visible and within a maximum distance of 150 feet of the participating angler. Fishing poles must be checked at least once per hour while fishing.

So at 75 yds your not legal and if you go 75 yds all directions from your house your looking for trouble. Its people like you that other fisherman get pissed at.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8