I'm in the market

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 20gauge.... You will never look back! They are nice and light, great craftsmanship, and shoulder/shoot like a dream

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure glad I grew up on a double barrel. Having only 2 shots teaches you discipline in selecting shots. And in SD, everyone has 5 shots. I became a better shot than all of my friends. I Always shot more birds and never shot as many shells. Now that I'm an old fart I rarely down 2 birds at once as I never seem to find both, even with a dog.

Plus, double barrels NEVER JAM! No matter how cold or dirty, you're guaranteed 2 shots. And you can have 2 chokes!!
Outside of when your firing pin doesn't set when you close the action. Bought a cheap O/U that I've sent in to see what is wrong, barely had a box of shells through it. As long as its taken care of under warranty not such a huge deal as long as it doesn't happen again I guess

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just opinion, but, I think people who grew up on or spent significant time shooting an 870 of any sort probably will find the transition to a Browning Cynergy the easiest. The Cynergy has a slight "high" 60/40 bias which IMO/IME comes pretty close to where Rem 870/1100/11-87/11-96's shoot as well.

When you get used to seeing just a bit of bird over the bbl (like with Rem shotguns), it's difficult to move to "covering" the bird, plus at least in my case, I know I like to "peek" when I shoot a flat shooter, in which case, I miss low, or the bird flys away w/legs hanging.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have one of these and don't fret about scratches or dings (which is why I primarily hunt with it). I don't know if I want to admit this or not but I shoot it better than any other shotgun I own. It's killed a lot of birds!!!

1711731078487.png

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I have one of these and don't fret about scratches or dings (which is why I primarily hunt with it). I don't know if I want to admit this or not but I shoot it better than any other shotgun I own. It's killed a lot of birds!!!

1711731078487.png
Jiffy I don't worry about much, especially dings and scratches that I ain't gonna be around to liquidate.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just opinion, but, I think people who grew up on or spent significant time shooting an 870 of any sort probably will find the transition to a Browning Cynergy the easiest. The Cynergy has a slight "high" 60/40 bias which IMO/IME comes pretty close to where Rem 870/1100/11-87/11-96's shoot as well.

When you get used to seeing just a bit of bird over the bbl (like with Rem shotguns), it's difficult to move to "covering" the bird, plus at least in my case, I know I like to "peek" when I shoot a flat shooter, in which case, I miss low, or the bird flys away w/legs hanging.
How would you describe an A5? Don't know why I never bought one. I couldn't miss with the one I shot. (Old rattle clanger) It may have been the Rem M11...I loved the slim wrist and inability to even seen the bbl. That thing was a magic wand.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Agreed svn,i broke my teeth as a young scatter gunner,mid 70's,A5 auto mag 32" fixed full choke,copper plated lead (federal) mid 90's what a sweet 12ga waterfowl late season pheasant ,jumpy December birds 3" 4's birds had no escape.Sadly i had to retire my old thunder stick for waterfowl with steel shot mandate nation wide but still banged pheasants with it until early 2000,benelli had big shoe's to fill

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would you describe an A5? Don't know why I never bought one. I couldn't miss with the one I shot. (Old rattle clanger) It may have been the Rem M11...I loved the slim wrist and inability to even seen the bbl. That thing was a magic wand.
I couldn't describe the A-5. I have virtually 0 experience shooting one. There's probably specs out there somewhere regarding POI/POA bias but I don't know it myself.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I've got it narrowed down to the 686 Silver pigeon and the Browning Citori CX though I will say the Franchi comes up on the shoulder really nice. I may have to off the wife first though... I'm joking. :p

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a very nice Weatherby Orion trap model with adjustable comb. 30 inch ported barrel and lots of chokes if interested.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a very nice Weatherby Orion trap model with adjustable comb. 30 inch ported barrel and lots of chokes if interested.
I handled those, they don't fit me well but I'm certainly a fan of Weatherby rifles.. I can wear kakis while hunting.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88