I'm in the market

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a side by side Kmart 20 gauge, not even sure exactly the brand, I picked it up from a guy needing some cash. Used it on one hunt, now it sits in my safe with the other relics.
Might take it out next season, as I kinda forgot about it.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a Franchi Instict SLX a couple years ago, it's a pleasure to shoot. It's lite and the price is right as well.

41185-Franchi-Instinct-SLX-12-28_Silo.png

https://www.franchiusa.com/over-under-shotguns/instinct-slx

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For us target shooter's heavy
Trigger pull on a shotgun means nothing. You Slap or Punch the trigger so a 5 lb pull is nothing.
Trigger pull usually results in a flinch,a smooth move to target and slight pressure on trigger results in excellent performance, try it sometime. Shooting 300rds in one event trigger pull means dead bird or loss.

Agreed whocares in the field about trigger pull.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a Franchi Instict SLX a couple years ago, it's a pleasure to shoot. It's lite and the price is right as well.

41185-Franchi-Instinct-SLX-12-28_Silo.png

https://www.franchiusa.com/over-under-shotguns/instinct-slx
I had this same O/U that I used for sporting clays. The gun shot nice and shouldered nice, but the shape of the grip and trigger guard beat the heck out of my middle finger. After 50 rounds fired I would not be able to move my middle finger and it would swell to double the size. Sold it and replaced it with another Beretta Silver Pigeon. This was the only firearm that I owned that made me wince when I shot it.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years ago, when I was going to Gunsmithing school down in Oklahoma. I had a older guy come in and wanted the trigger pull lightened up on his Winchester Md 12 trap gun. I said I would have it done in a few days. The next day he came in and are instructor gave it to him. Thinking I had honed the trigger and hammer a little bit. The next day he came in and was so happy. He shot the best he had ever shot. He said he shot 4 rds and scored a 25, 25,a 24 and a 25. He was so happy he wanted to give me 100.00 tip. I didnt have the heart to tell him I never touched his shotgun.

I did not take the 100.00

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two 12ga Ruger Red Labels and one 20ga Red label. The 20 gauge is awesome. Super light and i can shoot lights out with it. The 20's are a little harder to find and can get just as expensive as a higher end citori though

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to have a Ruger Red Label. Very nice. Great balance. Sold it for a Beneli Ethos. Never looked back.

1711421593075.png
I have 12 guage no troubles fit's great to me, just really sits in gun safe now days bought it 30 years ago

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When in a few stores I have shoulder a few of higher end ones cant remember exact name do damn many sure fit, nice build and price tag was too. Stay away from cheaper stuff not worth troubles I have heard over years.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had this same O/U that I used for sporting clays. The gun shot nice and shouldered nice, but the shape of the grip and trigger guard beat the heck out of my middle finger. After 50 rounds fired I would not be able to move my middle finger and it would swell to double the size. Sold it and replaced it with another Beretta Silver Pigeon. This was the only firearm that I owned that made me wince when I shot it.
Tough deal,these breech loader's zero felt recoil reduction,same with pump shotguns.

Its common practice to install recoil reduction items such as "kick Ezz" gel recoil pad and in my citori i installed a 9oz mercury reducer in the gunstock after trigger work...the ammunition helps as well, i seen shooters get bloody noses,cheeks from poorly fit shotguns,maga blend target ammo that kicks like a mule that takes the fun outof target shooting,why close your eyes,grit your teeth every time you call "pull".

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1 on ejectors as a necessity. i got my first and only one as a gift. it didn't come with them. i don't think the gift bearer even realized they make em with out them. nonetheless, its definitely a pain in the ass when you are used to hunting with a third shell at your disposal. now i am shooting 1, opening a breech, looking (cause i can never remember) for the spent shell, grabbing and replacing. meanwhilst, 3 more roosters flush and the dog looks at me like i am an idiot. which is mostly correct.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tough deal,these breech loader's zero felt recoil reduction,same with pump shotguns.

Its common practice to install recoil reduction items such as "kick Ezz" gel recoil pad and in my citori i installed a 9oz mercury reducer in the gunstock after trigger work...the ammunition helps as well, i seen shooters get bloody noses,cheeks from poorly fit shotguns,maga blend target ammo that kicks like a mule that takes the fun outof target shooting,why close your eyes,grit your teeth every time you call "pull".
Unless you have a Citori 725 or a Cynergy that has mechanical. It is very hard and time consuming to adjust trigger pull on Inertia driven shotgun.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a berretta 686 and absolutely love it.

The Berretta is on the list to handle..

I appreciate all the advice, I've been looking for a bit now and been handling o&u's of different makes and models when I get the opportunity.

And don't fret fellas the auto 20 will be in the truck if need be....;)

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Citori 725 Sporting and really like it. I like the feel of the 725 Field as well bat have never shot one.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember my dad pheasant hunting as i was the flusher,pop's had his trusty single shot 12ga he bought first thing coming home from Korea, he held to rds in between his fingers and one rd loaded,he dropped doubles on pheasants often and decoying bills...good old days.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84