Iowa Giant Whitetail

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome deer but is it really that hard to take a good picture. I try and get good pics of all animals that are killed by myself and anyone else I'm with.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was this a tame deer inside a HF?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome deer but is it really that hard to take a good picture. I try and get good pics of all animals that are killed by myself and anyone else I'm with.

The electronic age makes this so much more simple if people just realize that the first 34 pictures they take are no good. I always snap 35+ pictures, especially of a lifetime fish or animal just to be safe, from multiple angles. You can always delete the bad ones, but can't get back those you miss.......

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having lived in IA for a few years, I sent a copy of this picture to a few friends who would know if this deer was taken recently. No one has seen or heard of it. FWIW

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having lived in IA for a few years, I sent a copy of this picture to a few friends who would know if this deer was taken recently. No one has seen or heard of it. FWIW

Figures probably a HF deer but we will probably never know.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member

Any of those guys near Osceola? It was supposedly taken in that area.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its absolutely a wild deer shot this past week in Iowa, just talked to my hunting buddy down there and it was taken 10 miles from his place.
Looks like it will give the Johnson buck a run for his money, allot of bone there. Thinking Milo will squeak by this time again thou.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its absolutely a wild deer shot this past week in Iowa, just talked to my hunting buddy down there and it was taken 10 miles from his place.
Looks like it will give the Johnson buck a run for his money, allot of bone there. Thinking Milo will squeak by this time again thou.

I stand corrected! Just heard from my buddy. It was taken by Truro area.

- - - Updated - - -

Supposed to be on field and stream facebook page.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish the GF would start a breeding program taking some of the HF genetics and spreading them out into the wild deer population...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 35