K Drill and a Milwaukee savings.

nybs

Honored Member
I will beat that price at The Outfitter's in Minot!
Hi NDOUTDOORS - what price on 8” kdrill? Thinking of getting one for when I come back over Christmas. Could buy over phone and have my brother pick up...
thanks
blake

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You will like a Clam plate when there is 3ft of ice

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone run the dewalt on the K-drill? I have always been a dewalt guy but I would have no issues getting a Milwaukee as I know they make good tools. However, Acme has the DCK299P2 kit (hammer drill, impact, charger and 2 5AH batts) on sale for $250 and you also get a free 5 AH battery for a total of three 5 AH batts. Plus, they make an adapter so I can use the 20V batts on all my 18V tools. The drill in this kit is the DCD996. Thoughts???

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Dewalt is brushless, right? Look at the torque specs between the two and if they're close you should be good.

Also, don't know why everyone is drooling over the k-drill. Go buy an Eskimo 8" hand auger for $49 and an Ion auger extension, hook them to a Clam plate and never look back. Been running this setup for the past 3 years. It cuts faster than the k-drill, but you can't reopen partially frozen holes with it.

troutslayer

I borrowed my k-drill to a friend that uses all dewalt tools for his business and his dewalt burned out on the first hole with the k-drill.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I borrowed my k-drill to a friend that uses all dewalt tools for his business and his dewalt burned out on the first hole with the k-drill.

I think the reason they recommend Milwaukee drill is they are/were the only ones with the all steel chuck.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a 8 inch kdrill last weekend, only 5 inches of ice but the thing really cuts and weighs nothing.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was when we were running the 6 inch, but the 8 cuts just as fast. I have the 6 inch for sale in the classified for 20 bucks. But really, 49 dollars people, I don't see the justification in buying the k-drill.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dewalt I was referring to is brushless. I’m really leaning towards going that route.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was when we were running the 6 inch, but the 8 cuts just as fast. I have the 6 inch for sale in the classified for 20 bucks. But really, 49 dollars people, I don't see the justification in buying the k-drill.

fXCUz27.jpg

nybs

Honored Member
The Dewalt is brushless, right? Look at the torque specs between the two and if they're close you should be good.

Also, don't know why everyone is drooling over the k-drill. Go buy an Eskimo 8" hand auger for $49 and an Ion auger extension, hook them to a Clam plate and never look back. Been running this setup for the past 3 years. It cuts faster than the k-drill, but you can't reopen partially frozen holes with it.

WOW! I think I’m gonna try that...I have the 8” Eskimo in my garage and was gonna toss it but now for the cost of a clam plate I’ll definitely give it a shot. Thanks for sharing video!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the Eskimo hand auger do in dirty ice? Those blades look like the type that would be done quickly if they hit any sand. The one thing with the k-drill is that it isn’t supposed to be bothered much by dirty ice. For 1/5 the cost the Eskimo might be worth a try though.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member

I thought we were going to keep this secret to ourselves.....

I love pulling up to a spot and having 4-5 holes drilled before somebody even gets their gas auger started. And yes, way faster than a K-drill. Ive ran my Eskimo for 3 years now and the blades are as sharp as the day I got it.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the Eskimo hand auger do in dirty ice? Those blades look like the type that would be done quickly if they hit any sand. The one thing with the k-drill is that it isn’t supposed to be bothered much by dirty ice. For 1/5 the cost the Eskimo might be worth a try though.

The k-drill is more of a chipper style, that's why it can be used to reopen partially closed holes. The Eskimo blades are the flat design, stainless steel. The Barracuda. From what I've experienced they are holding up super well, no issues at all, but most of my fishing is done in the Devil's Lake area, so probably not super sandy conditions.

Like I told someone in a PM, me and two buddies have been running the same setup the past few years and have nothing but positive to say about it. One friend even used this setup on Winnipeg last year.

Again the extension is an Ion extension, 24" I believe, that I painted black.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we were going to keep this secret to ourselves.....

I love pulling up to a spot and having 4-5 holes drilled before somebody even gets their gas auger started. And yes, way faster than a K-drill. Ive ran my Eskimo for 3 years now and the blades are as sharp as the day I got it.

I just couldn't take it anymore with everyone gushing over the k-drill. They just didn't know.......

:;:cheers :;:rockit

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The k-drill is more of a chipper style, that's why it can be used to reopen partially closed holes. The Eskimo blades are the flat design, stainless steel. The Barracuda. From what I've experienced they are holding up super well, no issues at all, but most of my fishing is done in the Devil's Lake area, so probably not super sandy conditions.

Like I told someone in a PM, me and two buddies have been running the same setup the past few years and have nothing but positive to say about it. One friend even used this setup on Winnipeg last year.

Again the extension is an Ion extension, 24" I believe, that I painted black.

- - - Updated - - -

I just couldn't take it anymore with everyone gushing over the k-drill. They just didn't know.......

:;:cheers :;:rockit

Thats enough! Stop giving away all of our secrets!!! You might as well give them the coordinates and lure color too!!! :cool:

I actually will give one secret away on the Eskimo auger, KEEP THE DAMN BLADE COVER ON WHEN NOT IN USE!!!! You WILL cut your jackets, bibs, gloves, face, neck, etc..

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats enough! Stop giving away all of our secrets!!! You might as well give them the coordinates and lure color too!!! :cool:

I actually will give one secret away on the Eskimo auger, KEEP THE DAMN BLADE COVER ON WHEN NOT IN USE!!!! You WILL cut your jackets, bibs, gloves, face, neck, etc..

Brothers can't shake hands. Brother's gotta hug and share some secrets!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator

Are you using those smooth shaver blades with it, or can a guy use the quantum blades?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you using those smooth shaver blades with it, or can a guy use the quantum blades?

Not sure V, it comes with stainless flat blades. They sure seem to stay a lot sharper than my curved blades on the Strikemaster Lazer. Dull blades has not been a problem at all with this setup.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88