K Drill and a Milwaukee savings.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the 20v Dewalt and have zero issues as well. Milwaukee probably has more torque, better batteries, etc. Personally i think the size of the battery is the biggest issue a guy will encounter.

Which dewalt are you guys using?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought the 20v brushless 1/2 drive from Lowes last year at $99 on sale. Came with two batteries, problem is the batteries are 1.5amp each. Looking to get a deal on ebay for a couple 4 or 5amp batteries soon.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the Milwaukee was the recommended drill because of the all steel chuck and 5 yr warranty and longer lasting batteries in colder weather.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the 20v brushless 1/2 drive from Lowes last year at $99 on sale. Came with two batteries, problem is the batteries are 1.5amp each. Looking to get a deal on ebay for a couple 4 or 5amp batteries soon.

Any chance you could check the model number for me? I'm guessing I have the same one, but that model wasn't listed on the k-drill site. Does yours have the side handle?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any chance you could check the model number for me? I'm guessing I have the same one, but that model wasn't listed on the k-drill site. Does yours have the side handle?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-20-...ordless-Drill-2-Batteries-Included/1000135807

It may not be listed on the k-drill site, but it's brushless and seems to work plenty well for me. May not punch a hole like a Milwaukee, but it works good enough for me. No issues with it whatsoever. I even used it with an adaptor on my eskimo hand drill last year until i found a deal on a k-drill this summer on bisman.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone is interested in the setup musky described Scheels has the Eskimo hand auger (6”,7”, and 8”) on sale on their website with free shipping. Amazon has a good price on the 24” ion extension. I went with the Milwaukee 2803 and got a free battery included (3 total) from acme tools. Found the clam plate at mokiw.com for $60 free shipping (need a paypal account to buy it so should be legit). Those were the best prices I found with a quick search. Didn’t look extremely hard but all prices seemed reasonable. Thanks again musky for all the info. I know I’m late to the game on this setup. Hope it does the trick!

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
bowhunter12......thank you and damn you at the same time. I was hoping to get one more year out of my struggling gasser......guess not. :)

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably because like others on here have said, you can attach a hand auger bit for $40 and they are faster than kdrill. I mean even the k drill 12” extension is $60?? The stuff works but it is overpriced for sure.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
After going through a few sets of SM blades, you’ll say “should have bought a K-drill”. Ha

I paid right around $200 for my Kdrill too. $240 is getting a little out of hand. 100 bucks doesn’t buy much these days.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88