Labor Day Weekend - Plans

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camping tomorrow night thru Monday morning. Hope to find some fish on the east end. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend! ;:;boozer

fishman

Founding Member
Founding Member
we flew the badlands the other day in helicopter, and the amount of down timber in most due to the pine beetle was unreal. Gonna make packing in a few miles a real chore. Good luck

badlands13

Established Member
In all seriousness, good luck! Weather is finally cooling off and it's starting to feel like fall out here. If you're in the White Sulfur Springs area shoot me a PM and I'll bring the beers. Going to be bowhunting/scouting/fishing/blue grousing somewhere between White Sulfur and Townsend Sunday to Thursday

I will be in the same place.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all seriousness, good luck! Weather is finally cooling off and it's starting to feel like fall out here. If you're in the White Sulfur Springs area shoot me a PM and I'll bring the beers. Going to be bowhunting/scouting/fishing/blue grousing somewhere between White Sulfur and Townsend Sunday to Thursday

Big Belts or Little Belts?!!?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going camping in Mobridge one more time. Hopefully get to see my niece n her kids, they are camping there too. Only staying 3 nights, and will have to clean camper up good since its the last time of the year. I hope to take the wife out on the boat and get some fishing and playing on the water.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
We usually do wait till the rut kicks in, but the last 3 years going out there we have been bitten by mother nature and lots of snow cutting our hunt short every time. Last year our bow hunt was completely canceled due to 3' of snow. So this year we figured we go early and hopefully get to hunt all 6 days. As luck would have it, the area we hunt received snow yesterday. Should be gone by the time we arrive in camp Sunday...at least I'm hoping.

Good luck! Any certain area you’re headed to? We’ll be on the west side of the little belts

Jdubya

Established Member
Watching a SCADA screen, missing the archery deer opener, and waiting for a pissed off customer to call (life of a utility worker, lol...)

Oley55

Established Member
I love the little belts! Spent 7 years out there can’t wait to move back. Good luck to you!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm supposed to be deer hunting Fri and Sat, doing radio comms for a bike race on Mon.

Hope all you guy have a great weekend and be safe!

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
well I claim that since my mother went into labor with me on Monday September 2 1963 and I was born on the 3rd that Labor Day was named for my mothers pain.

On the bright side every so many years like this one I will be celebrating my birthday on Labor Day.

Plan on the wife and I going to the Peace Gardens (1st time for both of us) and fishing from shore at Sak. We have been catching quite a few channel cats and caught our first 2 pike of the year last weekend 35 and 36 inches.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 107
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34