Natives gill netting~

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
um... like I said, not working

it seems natives need to fix their reservations - don't wait for non-natives to fix it

the non-natives don't appear to want to fix it - they just appear to want to rape your native women according to your stats

when are the native men going to put an end to that BS? I'd be working to change the stats if I was a native

- - - Updated - - -

sounds to me like natives ought to be enforcing the law on their reservations rather than going fishing

- - - Updated - - -

let me guess - possible improvements means additional funding?

Nice deductive reasoning.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
but but, natives are victims, they shouldn't have to help themselves.... :;:stirthepot

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually a big fan of native american history (pre white dudes). I've always had a fondness for how natives survived, their traditions, keeping history through stories, etc. Absolutely fascinating stuff.

I genuinely get nauseous when I think real hard about how they can't seem to climb out of the hole their culture got put in. It just never seems to end.

But I also recognize that change has to happen internally. Nobody on the outside can fix it. It really is that simple. It's like some law of physics that simply can't be challenged.

- - - Updated - - -

this guy's books/paintings blew me away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Catlin

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, never heard of that here. legally
If I remember right in the past and maybe even now Standing Rock has the right to net in the spring on the Missouri river. If anybody can find the news article or a story about it I would be curious to reread what it said.

You can't just tell them or force them on a state level to stop netting. It's a legal battle at the federal level over treaty rights that were signed by both sides back in the day. To try to remove one treaty right you'd probably have to remove all treaty rights and that most likely would cause a gorilla war around the US, and that probably wouldn't end well for either side.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, I think I figured it out. Natives can't prosecute white dudes who rape women on reservations.. cuz they aren't truly sovereign nations due to the big bad decision in 1978 or some such. So the native women got painted into a corner of sorts.

So it's up to the native men to:
1. Change the legal situation.
2. Prevent white dudes from raping their women in the first place.
3. Abandon the idea of the reservation because it's secretly a trap to keep them down.
4. Have their women move off the reservation where other white dudes will arrest, prosecute, and punish white dudes who rape native women.
5. All of the above.

Now which one?..... hmmmmm.... hmmmmm... gst, any ideas? I'm struggling here.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
OK, I think I figured it out. Natives can't prosecute white dudes who rape women on reservations.. cuz they aren't truly sovereign nations due to the big bad decision in 1978 or some such. So the native women got painted into a corner of sorts.

3. Abandon the idea of the reservation because it's secretly a trap to keep them down.
4. Have their women move off the reservation where other white dudes will arrest, prosecute, and punish white dudes who rape native women.
5. All of the above.

It changed in 2014. Not the greatest change but a start.
Should start seeing positive results if you know where to look. Instead of regurgitating the same old stereotypes, maybe you can take some time and actually learn something about reality and how complex the situation is.
Have a nice weekend. I am done.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ain't sure what rez those rape numbers come from or how dated they are. But, they aren't consistent with the current situation on reservations in ND at all. Especially regarding the ethnicity of the assailant. There is an abnormally high rate of sexual assault on reservations. And an abnormally high % get unreported and unprosecuted. But, the non native assailant is quite a rarity in this neck of the woods. By the way... in those cases, the feds have jurisdiction if the offense is on the reservation. And some of the best investigators (fbi) and prosecutors (us attorneys) end up handling them. So, they aren't unprosecutable. Just unprosecutable in tribal court.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

5. All of the above.

Holy just clicked on this thread out of curiousity...........

don't drag me into your petty little personal crap with others in this thread guywhoseemsopbsessed, it's hard enough keeping your stupid claims straight and blown out of the water in the fishing access closed off thread.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy just clicked on this thread out of curiousity...........

don't drag me into your petty little personal crap with others in this thread guywhoseemsopbsessed, it's hard enough keeping your stupid claims straight and blown out of the water in the fishing access closed off thread.

trust me I won’t

I don’t want to end up in the legislative minutes - you snake in the grass

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
guy, lycan started a safe space deal on here, perhaps you should take a moment and check it out, you seem overly traumatized.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84