New Flooring in Boat

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
The floor in my boat is getting soft and needs to be redone. I planned to do it myself over the winter, but life has gotten in the way and it's looking like I won't have time to get to it anymore this winter. Does anyone have a recommendation on someone within a couple hours of Bismarck or Jamestown that I could hire to do it for me? The boat needs a new plywood floor then covering (currently carpet, but thinking maybe vinyl) and the sides retrimmed also.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having done it on an old Alumacraft, I fully understand why nobody wants to do it, especially on a full windshield rig. It's a pain in the neck. Given the time investment, I think most of us would be shocked and balk at how much it would cost for a quality replacement.

My plan for the next time I need a boat floor replaced, I am just going to sell the boat and buy another one with a good floor.

Just curious though, what make/model of boat are you talking about?

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was working at Jeff's Outboards we did many floor jobs. Alot of time and effort to do them. Can get expensive but it is mostly for labor, materials are somewhat reasonable.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive done a 19 Crestliner and a 20-foot Lund Alaskan biggest thing is all the labor to completely strip the boat to get at the floor. pretty sure you would be looking at 4 to 5 grand. my Alaskan 3 guys pretty much worked 2 weeks to complete, and it was a tiller boat, and consoles or side lockers add time.

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not too bad if you can get some of the wood out for a pattern. Vinyl is the only way to go. We have don't a lot of floors with Vinyl.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Being able to do it with vinyl is based on the style of the storage area lids. If they’re the kind that are wrapped in carpet it makes it really tough to use vinyl because you will have a big gap because the carpet is much thicker. Usually the lids are aluminum. If they’re wood you can make new ones and you’ll be ok.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88