North Dakota has worst drivers

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
They wanted to raise the speed limit on the interstates to 80. Hell, most drivers already drive that now anyway. If they had made it 80, most people would drive 85.

There is a 5 mile stretch of I94 between my place and Mandan where evidently the speed limit is 90 because EVERYBODY passes me like I'm standing still except the truckers. I almost opened my door to get out to see why I wasn't moving a couple of times. You would assume it's the guys coming home from their shift at the mines up north but actually I see more younger (25-35 yo) women in big SUV's flying by. Every once in a while I'll speed up to see just how fast they are going and several times I've had to go 90-95 to keep up with them. State Patrol and Sheriff's Dept. always set up on Hwy. 25 trying to catch the miners but it would be a gold mine if they sat on the 147 entrance ramp.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep times are chang’in … I used to think we had good drivers but this last winter is a great example of all the vehicles in the ditch just in the Fargo area alone…SMH

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
good Lord... I'm late to my own party!

tenor.gif

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep times are chang’in … I used to think we had good drivers but this last winter is a great example of all the vehicles in the ditch just in the Fargo area alone…SMH

There were at least 8 cars and 2 semis in the ditch between Mandan and the truck stop when I went home the day of the last storm. That's not counting the milk truck in the ditch over by Crown Butte. There's a slow curve just west of the Cloverdale plant where the houses and trees end and the snow and wind gets funneled across the road there where it always makes an ice patch. That's where most of the cars and semi's get blown out of control. The east bound lane doesn't have that problem because the snow sticks to the west bound lane so you seldom see anyone in the south ditch. A little too much speed or cruise control on and you're cutting cookies heading for the ditch.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
a yellow cab damn near ran me off the road yesterday (head on approach)

a$$hat was 3/4 in my lane and I just about hit the ditch

I immediately called the yellow cab phone number and asked "are you the moron who just tried to run me off the road 45 seconds ago?"

the guy said "NO" incredulously - then asked me where I was. I told him where I was and he said "I know who it was - thanks for the heads up"

this is how I felt after that

latest

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ my spirit animal

- - - Updated - - -

(Oscar from Corner Gas)

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Common sense and courtesy has taken a back seat to (it's all about me) regardless of what happens. Society as a whole.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I still look both ways at a green light in Bismarck. T-bone city

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the older I get, the more careful I am that the other guy is going to pull some stupid ####

I drive more defensively every day

smart phones have made the roads dangerous - and I am one of the occasional offenders

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I blame all the dumbasses here from Texas, Idaho, Utah, Washington and California.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
F
A
R
G
O

by far.... the worst.
add in the growing population that are being settled there that are obviously being given a car and liscense when they get off the boat and its almost a damn video game driving around there.

Between that and the game of...

oh gosh you go... no you go... no you go.. ok ill go.. on the on off ramps... and i almost blow a damn oring on a quick trip to the store.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I live around an hour from Bismarck and commute there to work each day. The closer I get to Bismarck, the crazier the drivers become. It is amazing how people in the developments north of Bismarck pull out in front of people on highway 83 every single day.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
How bout dicktards that pass you, then turn off 50 ft after they pass you??? Time to get dash cam.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dee-Fence-ive driving has become my go-to. I never trust anyone, too many near misses to count.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I call BS on this. If we had the worst drivers in the United States you know damn sure the auto insurance companies would jack rates. In 2018, ND was ranked 44 for lowest auto insurance rates. Only 6 states are lower than ND. Yes everybody has a crapload of stories about how bad everybody else is at driving. It's like that in every state. Quit your complaining.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Coming to work a couple weeks ago, I was driving north on 11th Street in Bismarck by the Ruth Meier's house. A girl turned south from Boulevard and decided she was going to pull over and park on the left side of the street. She was coming right at me, so I had to swerve and go in the left side to get out of her way. What is the matter with people?

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I call BS on this. If we had the worst drivers in the United States you know damn sure the auto insurance companies would jack rates. In 2018, ND was ranked 44 for lowest auto insurance rates. Only 6 states are lower than ND. Yes everybody has a crapload of stories about how bad everybody else is at driving. It's like that in every state. Quit your complaining.

North Dakota has one of the highest road death rates per capita. Top 5, I believe. Seems like there is one or two every week.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I beg to differ, here in blue plate land we are over run bye somalis and other free loaders none speak or no the english language yet the lib tards include free rain on our roads among other things that really piss us off when these folks invade our cities and state.get involved in a fender bender with one of these mooches guess what "no insurance" yet they are on our roads creating havoc.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Up the fines 10 fold and actually start handing out tickets, I bet the majority of the above mentioned shit would stop. Up in Manitoba they just about charge and arm and a leg for speeding tickets and you very seldom see anyone driving 5km ovet the limit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 262
  • This month: 224
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 78