North Dakota has worst drivers

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
FC18C49D-48E2-4E47-A3F9-0CB448220E02.jpegF2770FEF-FA85-428C-BCE0-289429FA5AAF.gif

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They must never have driven in Salt Lake...or LA.

I think NDDOT engineers should go to SLC and see how their roads were designed around growing population areas and how fast you can get from point A to point B with properly engineered traffic control. I'm not a fan of roundabouts, Especially small ones that have been mounded up in the middle so you can't see over them.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey, I am not looking in the windows, only yard shopping.

What comes with putting signs up and laying stuff on the lawn. Next time I will go faster and stop to visit with some of those fine folks in Bismarck. db

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope all of you in NoDak think is just your problem, come to western Ne same $&(# different state !!!!
What happened ? Last time through NEB the yard lights were 10 miles apart south of Valentine to big O.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I’m going at least the speed limit on a 2 lane Hwy and someone catches up from behind but won’t pass even though there isn’t a hill or car in sight, I begin slowing down in 1 or 2 Mph increments. I’ve slowed down on a 65 mph road down to the 30’s at times. I do this to find out what it takes for them to finally pass me. After they pass me, I get right up on their tail and ride their bumper for a little while.

Is this considered road rage? Haha

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I’m going at least the speed limit on a 2 lane Hwy and someone catches up from behind but won’t pass even though there isn’t a hill or car in sight, I begin slowing down in 1 or 2 Mph increments. I’ve slowed down on a 65 mph road down to the 30’s at times. I do this to find out what it takes for them to finally pass me. After they pass me, I get right up on their tail and ride their bumper for a little while.

Is this considered road rage? Haha

maybe but i do the same thing and with the cruise set i use the slow down button so they dont even see brake lights

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which is worse, a crappy driver, or a passive aggressive response to crappy driving?

[h=1]Passive-Aggressive Tactics are Cowardly, Lily-livered and Chicken-hearted[/h][h=5][/h]If you ever find yourself on the receiving end of a passive-aggressive attack, it may leave you scratching your head wondering if the attack was intentional, or a reasonable mistake.
Maybe they just haven’t gotten around to responding to your email? Or they forgot? Or their comment to you wasn’t meant to be cutting and critical, it was just a poor choice of words where you misperceived what they said.
What one sign will point you to the fact that you are dealing with a passive-aggressive person? They repeat this type of behavior.
We all step in do-do on occasion. We have all been known to say dumb-shit stuff we regret later. But, the passive-aggressive isn’t making mindless mistakes; their actions are calculated and intentional.
The hallmark of a passive-aggressive attack is that it is intentionally indirect and intentionally covertly delivered. It is the cowardly, lily-livered and chicken-hearted way of addressing an issue. This is the attack that sneaks up on you from behind. Yes, it can be shrouded in fancy words or slight-of-hand actions, but it will still hit you hard like a gut punch.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Soccer mom's with SUVs flapping there pie hole and texting and driving while two kids in the back seat driving like they are in a demolition derby is daily site in Bismarck.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
maybe but i do the same thing and with the cruise set i use the slow down button so they dont even see brake lights

Same here.

To be clear, I do this after I have given the person ample time to pass and I’ll even hug the right side of the road so they have a clearer line of sight. The driver I’m describing will also race up and ride my bumper, then back off, then race up again........rinse and repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is worse, a crappy driver, or a passive aggressive response to crappy driving?

Passive-Aggressive Tactics are Cowardly, Lily-livered and Chicken-hearted

If you ever find yourself on the receiving end of a passive-aggressive attack, it may leave you scratching your head wondering if the attack was intentional, or a reasonable mistake.
Maybe they just haven’t gotten around to responding to your email? Or they forgot? Or their comment to you wasn’t meant to be cutting and critical, it was just a poor choice of words where you misperceived what they said.
What one sign will point you to the fact that you are dealing with a passive-aggressive person? They repeat this type of behavior.
We all step in do-do on occasion. We have all been known to say dumb-shit stuff we regret later. But, the passive-aggressive isn’t making mindless mistakes; their actions are calculated and intentional.
The hallmark of a passive-aggressive attack is that it is intentionally indirect and intentionally covertly delivered. It is the cowardly, lily-livered and chicken-hearted way of addressing an issue. This is the attack that sneaks up on you from behind. Yes, it can be shrouded in fancy words or slight-of-hand actions, but it will still hit you hard like a gut punch.

A crappy driver is worse. Worse yet, they have no idea they suck at driving and continue being a crappy driver day after day.

- - - Updated - - -

That little write up you posted was clearly written by a crappy driver who thinks the other guys are the bad guys.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the product of stupid people, because stupid people don’t know they are idiots.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun fact: It wasn’t about driving. At all. It’s about the cowardice of passive aggression. Switch to active aggression! Someone cuts you off or doesn’t use a blinker? Pull ‘em out of their car and drop kick them into the ditch!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fun fact: It wasn’t about driving. At all. It’s about the cowardice of passive aggression. Switch to active aggression! Someone cuts you off or doesn’t use a blinker? Pull ‘em out of their car and drop kick them into the ditch!

The cops told me that was assault but i bet that fucker will remember to use his blinker next time when his eyes open up

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite has to be making a right hand turn while another driver in the opposing left turn lane decides they want to go at the same time and force my vehicle into the curb. Take a look at the other driver glaring at me like how dare you get in my way BTW this is at a signalized intersection and my light is green.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I hear you all and have expereince and i assume have a time or two been one of the buttheads as one stated for my looking in ones yards while driving slow drinking beer in Bismarck. I will only do that now in my small hometown going forward, Sometimes the person comes out and we have a convesation right there in the street and i guess it works out okay but maybe not in Bismarck.

But i try to drive watching what is around me and just stay out of the way. One of the biggest grips is when they come right up behind you and hang there. A time or two i have just gotten off the hwy and back on behind them and leave it at that.

When i started riding a bike it gets to be a bigger concern. If raining one can keep the water off of you if you are going over 40mph but slower one gets wet. However with no wipers sometimes i have found myself driving using the yellow or white line besides me to guild me down the road. Yes, I know, at that time it is just best to pull over and try and keep out of the rain.
But when a car passes me on interstate and they pull in right away in front of me is when I get a big concern. The draft of the car does have an effect on the bike and if they start pulling in right away I find I need to immediately slow way down. I am sure if one has not rode bikes one is not aware of that and just to mention it. thanks.
The other time is when all are going 80, road is pack and along side of you is a 18 wheel rig with that tire about 3-4 feet from you and the bike. Best pay attention. db

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our Senators don't help, bumping a fine for running a red light to $40. Some guy had to pay $ 20 when he killed my cousin on state street a few years ago. Our Traffic Engineers only encourage running red lights that's why they only give a left turn signal about 5 seconds to get 10 cars through, And the newest lights, left turn signals that don't turn green they go to a flashing yellow right away who the hell dreams this shit up. Had a guy on the Interstate about peel my front bumper one day after he passed me getting back into the right lane, Lucky for both of us I saw the dust from his right front tire when it blew or I would have run his ass over, I absolutely hate it when people pull that move now, I had a gal almost side swipe me on day on state street while she was texting when I honked at her she flipped me off and sped off just to do the same thing to another person down the hill, I wonder if she flipped them off also. I do street repairs and maintenance and the stuff i see everyday scares the hell out of me sometimes because I am standing on them streets. I think I have to agree with the article

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its been a bad spring:

1. DUI guy that was doing 70plus in the middle of town kills his kid; the other one hasnt awoke or at least that is what the news state. Doesnt remember anything.
2. DUI cop gets to keep his job
3. Last nights Lincoln Nav driven by the 16 yr old -- takes out 2 or is it 3; jury is still out on that one.

Wow is all i can say. What is going on.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just heard on the news another 17 year old Einstein driver just killed a 76 year old man on a bicycle here in Bismarck.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old man was on a bicycle ON THE SIDEWALK when the 17 year old jumped the curb to get him. (according to 10 oclock news) WTF?? 3400 block of Nebraska.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old man was on a bicycle ON THE SIDEWALK when the 17 year old jumped the curb to get him. (according to 10 oclock news) WTF?? 3400 block of Nebraska.

"to get him" ???

Let the official report come out before we crucify her

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 265
  • This month: 225
  • This month: 125
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86