North Dakota has worst drivers

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess I was wrong when I taught my kids how to drive. I never realized that was another parent responsibility that had been passed off to the schools. The only reason kids took Driver's Ed in rural areas back then was to satisfy an insurance company and it was required as written by the legislature many years to make it look like they were doing something to improve driving.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
good Lord... I'm late to my own party!

tenor.gif

this is the most perfect gif for you. it’s made me chuckle a few times today

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having grown up in Bismarck I definitely have to agree with the comments. Drivers around here have gotten progressively worse as the years go by. The scary thing here is all the people that run red lights in my opinion. I cross HWY 83 every morning on 43rd ave at around 6:15 in the morning and couldn't even count the number of times a north or southbound car runs that light. Not just a little late either and its 40mph there so you definitely need to look both ways before crossing. Most that run it are probably going 55mph +.

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Car.jpg

The car that ran into the back of my daughter's camper that was parked in front of her house last fall. I guess the person was drunk and tried to drive off. My son in law chased after them before their car finally died.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing is for sure, we don't need higher fines or going back for more classes. If you're not constantly learning OTJ when it comes to driving, there's no hope for you. Be smart, be courteous, give space, use your mirrors, stay in ur lane if you're a cruise... Elementary stuff and just like with anything, a certain % of people get it and theres little to no hope for the others. Defensive driving=watching for dumb dicks.
Saw a vehicle on its side by Hillsboro yesterday on dry pavement bluebird day and a guy in a "prayer dress" out in the middle of i29 taking pics of it. Put the damn phones away, ugh.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20200402-231056.jpg

The car that ran into the back of my daughter's camper that was parked in front of her house last fall. I guess the person was drunk and tried to drive off. My son in law chased after them before their car finally died.

That person insurance is going to be so damn high just for liability, the fool gonna regret driving drunk, if it was a young kid, he's on high risk insurance for quite while. Hope it teaches him a lesson.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Try riding a bike in Little Somalia....I've damn near came to blows more than once.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has been a personal itch for awhile now, stupid people who do not have their lights on in pea soup fog or a snowstorm, I drive 36 miles each way to work each day, and the weather has been shit the last 3 months, blowing drifting snow or fog just about every day, and at least 6 asshole a day do not have their lights on, even the GM vehicles with DRL ( Just learned you can turn them off in the newer vehicles). I have to agree with to agree with previous posts that the F-250 thing since their cruise is on the the steering wheel there is no need for the other stick on the left side of the wheel, no need for signals or to dim the lights right when you spend that much on a pick-up

Founding Member
Founding Member
They must never have driven in Salt Lake...or LA.

Last edited:

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
need to do like Kansas did when I grew up there, you received the notice from the state that your license renewal was near and enclosed was a 20 question test and the handbook for taking the test. you filled out the test and turned it in when you went for your license, you HAD to review the book and pass the test with 18/20 correct if I remember correctly to get your license renewed.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bismarck
One of the last times i drove there with my brother in law we were having a beer just driving on the residence streets and peaking in the yards to see what was going on. nice afternoon drive but i might of been going about half the speed limit (any faster and i could not get a good look in the yards) and he said i needed to speed up or we would be in trouble.
that is what happens when one goes from a small town to the big town and hopefully all you can be a little understanding. thanks db

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kurtr, I saw those to guys on that scooter in Fargo yesterday

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck
One of the last times i drove there with my brother in law we were having a beer just driving on the residence streets and peaking in the yards to see what was going on. nice afternoon drive but i might of been going about half the speed limit (any faster and i could not get a good look in the yards) and he said i needed to speed up or we would be in trouble.
that is what happens when one goes from a small town to the big town and hopefully all you can be a little understanding. thanks db

The dreaded class B rummage sale gawker.....:;:duel

Last edited:

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
FU to the pieces of shit who think it's alright to drive in the left lane all the way between Minot and Minot AFB!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30