Online purchasing poll

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not much for shopping and always look for best deal, but this Xmas i did order online for all gifts on black Friday - best buy, target, JC Penny, and Scheels. All have store fronts here in Bis so not sure if online is any different than buying the items from the local store fronts or not, but I like online shopping for sure
So give me a C I guess

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Total purchases? Definitely A and A. Not even close. But, I suppose once you start separating into categories, it goes up for some things.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm in the upper end of B headed for C this year.

Why didn't you use the poll feature on here?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I buy Black Rifle coffee online, otherwise close to zero.
I don’t carry a purse, or sit to piss either.
Bunch of effn nancy’s

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I try to buy local as much as I can. Hell I'll even pay a little extra to help support local businesses. That being said, there comes a point where a "little extra" becomes "holy balls are you kidding me?!". When it hits that point I look online or if I can't find what I'm looking for locally I will order online. That being said we make probably 30% of out purchases online...

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
A - I purchase 99 percent local, mostly because my place of employment depends on local support to pay it's 60 plus employees.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
C. Saves time and money. If it wasn't for beer and groceries, 95% of my shopping would be online.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is going to come a day when our store fronts are gone then what if the net quits? better to pay a little more and keep stores open

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
there is going to come a day when our store fronts are gone then what if the net quits? better to pay a little more and keep stores open

For me it hardly has anything to do with price. I live in the middle of nowhere and hate people and despise crowded stores. If what I wanted or needed was available somewhat locally in small mom and pop stores I would gladly buy it there. The hell with driving to a big town to buy shit though, when I can have it shipped to my house in 2-3 days.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I absolutely loved the push by a local news station's employees about buying local during this past season. What one of 'em doesn't know is that I work(ed) for the local delivery service. About 5 packages a week came to the address of their residence at times throughout the year. Seriously, you can spill your guts about buying locally on TV ads and get 100+ packages from Amazon and elsewhere for the year. C'mon man!!

A. I hate Amazon. remember I work(ed) for a delivery service. They are not getting my business.

But I do recall running around to quite a few businesses trying to find locking lug nuts for my vehicle a while back. After about 5 businesses and no success in finding American made (I'm union) locking lug nuts, I bought online. Makes it so easy, but I'll still go out of my way to try to buy local...unlike the above example by an employee of my favorite news station.

onpoint!

Established Member
A; lower part of A. Work in Minot, commute 60 mi. One who tries to support local (Minot/Garrison) as much as possible. One who doesn't condemn others who don't, it is a personal choice but clearly a choice with impact on the survival of rural ND.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
A - I try to support local independent retailers when possible. Great customer service is what brings me back to local businesses. IMO, Wade at Dakota Tackle & some of the sales staff at Scheels are among the best while my one and only experience at Dick's in Bismarck would rate at the absolute bottom.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our locals do a good job with pricing. It's actually hard these days to find something fishing related cheaper online.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know I know..of course I should have done the poll option but...I didn't ..oh well.. maybe next time...its still interesting to see the comments versus just a vote....adding a age option would be interesting as well..like..under 40 grouping and over 40 grouping to see which age brackets use online more. I have my opinion on that.
In defense of local businesses versus online shopping.....something to think about...when was the last time Amazon gave $ to the local high school sports teams or volunteered their time coaching etc? donated to tailgate parties? after prom parties? yearbook ads? helped sponsor bowling,softball, dart teams, etc etc etc?? Personally, if I was a business owner, I would get a little ramped up if a customer decided to go to Amazon after writing a check to cover softball uniforms, etc. Just saying...I do not think Amazon or the like has earned 75% of our business IMHO.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
B. And B maybe C depending on some big life changes over the next year.

I might even be A, just because of the amount I bought at Menards for home remodeling the last couple years.

Honestly, if Minot had a big store like Fleet Farm or even a Runnings, I would be definitely in the A category. I don't mind going into Scheels, but the selection sucks and it sucks even more at the changing of the seasons like late ice. It would be nice if the Outfitters was in a better location and if Scheels would take over the old Sears room.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fair enough, your loss. It’s the safest form of payment and I fly free once or twice a year because I literally pay for everything possible via card to earn points..and no I’ve never paid a dime of interest.

I also buy everything I can with my credit card and then pay it off every month. I recently just purchased 2 silencers with the cash back rewards. Credit cards are awesome if you are smart and have some self-control.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
C. If I know where items are available locally I will go and get them for Christmas gifts. If I have an idea and have nowhere to look locally, I shop online because I can do it all within minutes, have the package at my doorstep within a few days and:

1) Don't have to fight whacko people in the shops, nor get around dozens of people chatting and standing in the way in every aisle;
2) Door dings on my truck from people who have no respect or common courtesy to hold onto their own car doors;
3) Don't have my windows smashed by someone trying to steal gifts from my vehicle purchased previously;
4) Don't have to go out in the cold to drive somewhere, only to get out and walk to a building, stand in line at the registers, and get back out to a freezing ass car.

;:;badidea;:;rant;:;blahblah

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 50
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19