Open Water Fishing Fever

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know it's only beginning of February and there is still plenty of hard water fishing season left, but I am starting to get a fever to be back in the boat pitching jigs in open water. I can't wait to be back out in the boat.

anyone else dreaming of open water season?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wish I had the boat in the garage and not in my storage shop because I would go set in it.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like a haven't even done enough ice fishing yet. There is always Nelson lake and the tailrace to get your open water fix.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I only itch for fishing two times in a year. Transition from open water to hard water, and vice versa. There's always a short period of time when you just can't fish your favorite spots, and it's painful.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since I purchased a fishing boat last fall, yes. I am ready for open water. Still lots of hard water to fish yet though.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was able to get out on the open water yesterday. I am now even more anxious to get the boat out!

Attachments

20180131_152614.jpg 20180131_114048.jpg

Dalton

Yeah I don’t mind ice fishing it’s a good way to pass the winter, but fishing open water is way more fun.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here I thought I was going crazy and was the only one wishing away ice Fishing. Looking for new boats doesn’t help.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
speaking of spring fishing and shooting em in a bucket... the spring coulee run is only a few months away and for some reason we have nearly no bookings in april and may. winter bookings were/are great and summer bookings are nearly full. but, if you are interested in coming to DL to participate in the over harvest of our spring walleyes, then check us out and give us a call. ;)

www.devilslakecabinrentals.com

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking of it already. I was just going through what I need for the boat and about to order an impeller for piece of mind. Last year I hit the tailrace around mid-March so only six weeks away.;)

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
More snow coming your way espringers. Help with the current. Last summer was terrible time wise to much pounded into the summer months. We have not planned a thing this summer and hope to spend at least 3 wknds a month at dl hopefully more. Fish on!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking of it already. I was just going through what I need for the boat and about to order an impeller for piece of mind. Last year I hit the tailrace around mid-March so only six weeks away.;)

The pelly access was hard on black motor thermostat s rumor had it.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I get this way every year around this time! Doesn't help when my screen saver shows me this every day.
Day on the Lake.jpg

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe I'm getting a little long in the tooth, but ice fishing for me has lost some of its luster. Not completely, of course, but not quite as excited as I once was. And yeah, I have nice equipment. Something about a cool morning and warm evening in a boat has my heart.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I fished this fall into December. I was ready for open water 1st. of Jan. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33