Representative Dockter

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
None of you would do jail time for this. Not that I agree. But, that's the reality of these types of crimes. Exhibit A... if Donald trump gets found guilty, I doubt he will do time either. Our prisons are over run with people who no doubt deserve time. Sitting in a judges chair and having to weigh all of the factors... rehabilitation, corrections, punishment, deterrent, full prisons, funding for incarceration, etc... is no easy job. What's the right number? 5 days? 360? If u pick anything in between, how to you justify a specific number? It's really hard to be the "decider" to quote GWII in cases like this. The good part is you can vote said judge out if you live in his district and anyone is willing to run for such a thankless and criticized job. Certain cases scream for a particular sentence. Those that don't... we rely on human beings and their flawed nature... as we see it... to do what we see as right. But, our collective opinion on that doesn’t always jive with that particular humans opinion. This case is a prime example of our justice system playing out. And I still believe it's the best in the world whether I agree or disagree with the outcome.
By your post it sounds like you have skin in the game. I disagree with you that there would be no time served. More than likely it would be minimal but I do believe there would be some time. Look at it this way. More than likely he bailed out of jail when arrested…do you think everyone has those finances to be able to bail out? So there is a scenario where a person is highly likely to serve some jail. The next is he probably has the ability to purchase a very nice and expensive lawyer…do most people? I doubt it. Most people would probably have to go into some form of financial ruin to pay for a good lawyer. So if you don’t have a good lawyer..you are probably going to serve some time. Our legal system is extremely flawed. People that can afford a lawyer it’s not so bad..but if you’re not well off your f ked. What’s the saying? Laws only hurt the people that can’t afford to break them.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
those who approved the change orders wrote the change orders.
Signed the checks? If I was signing the check I would ask for the itemized sheet to be attached or it would sit on the desk until it came in.
I probably deserve a place in the next administration. :ROFLMAO: If only they could afford me!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just wow. And zero accountability into where or what those dollars were used for. Just blank check from the state to the contractor/legislator? 🤯🤯. Anyone and I mean anyone else does this shit it’s straight up fraud and theft……
Give a chunk to the lawyer to get out of it with 250 hours community service. He knows what he is doing.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Signed the checks? If I was signing the check I would ask for the itemized sheet to be attached or it would sit on the desk until it came in.
I probably deserve a place in the next administration. :ROFLMAO: If only they could afford me!
I’m in the trades. I’ve also got 2500 sitting around that can be used to pay the fine. Let’s get this puppy fired up and get in on this action. 🤷‍♂️ Shit….. no jail…. Deferred sentence….. get to keep the money for a measly 2500 fine…. I’m doing this all wrong…. White collar crime is where it’s at these days! 🤣

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I don’t care about jail time for this incident. His fat ass would get owned in jail. I’d have liked to see 300k or whatever that number was of money not accounted for paid back as restitution. You want other people to take notice and not fuck around hit them in the pocketbook and this type of shit stops plain and simple. He lost nothing. The only ones losing here are the taxpayers like usual.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m in the trades. I’ve also got 2500 sitting around that can be used to pay the fine. Let’s get this puppy fired up and get in on this action. 🤷‍♂️ Shit….. no jail…. Deferred sentence….. get to keep the money for a measly 2500 fine…. I’m doing this all wrong…. White collar crime is where it’s at these days! 🤣
This guy literally robbed the State of ND and gets to keep his ill gotten gains. How is this any different than if he walked into a bank and handed them a note saying " give me your money " and walked out with cash? would that guy get community service and be allowed to keep the money ?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would like to see him picking up litter in the ditches. 8 hours a day all summer long. Pack his own lunch and wear a cute little orange coveralls.
For $1,200 an hour I am sure he and alot of people would be willing

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This guy literally robbed the State of ND and gets to keep his ill gotten gains. How is this any different than if he walked into a bank and handed them a note saying " give me your money " and walked out with cash? would that guy get community service and be allowed to keep the money ?
You realize he’s a republican, don’t you?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It sounds gay
1000006730.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
He should be fined the $2500, and made to forfeit any proceeds from the conflict of interest. This law needs to be revisited.
That is not enough, the penalty should be very high not just give the money back. He should forfeit any profits and be fined 4 times the amount of any profits, the penalty shouldn't just sting a little it should draw blood

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That is not enough, the penalty should be very high not just give the money back. He should forfeit any profits and be fined 4 times the amount of any profits, the penalty shouldn't just sting a little it should draw blood
I agree but have to be careful so it couldn't be appealed or thrown out for cruel and unusual punishment. Definitely all the money should be taken plus some...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56