Rifle barrel threading

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need to send my rifles off to get them ready for the new muffler. Somewhere around Bismarck is preferable but I can always make a drive if needed. Thanks.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
H&H Guns has a gunsmith that will do it. Lead time currently is about 2 weeks. I have my 22-250 over there now.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of curiosity what's the going rate to get a barrel threaded? I'd like to thread my 22-250 to add a suppressor for coyotes.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dropped mine off at Scheels and they sent it to Sioux Falls as they do most of the threading for Dakota Silencer, or so I was told. It took maybe a month to get it back but time is not an issue if you just ordered your suppressor

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
5-7 month waiting period. I still have to put together the gun that I'm buying the suppressor for, although I'll likely use it on all of them. The guy that sold it, cant remember his name, said they just bought a cnc machine to do their own threading. Not sure I wanted to wait for the kinks to get worked out so I figured I'd get it down here.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
so I got a 6.5 with a threaded barrel if you are wanting to try that suppressor out sometime

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t have the suppressor yet. Paid for. Buying a gun in the near future

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many guys buy a single suppressor and use it on multiple weapons and are suppressors caliber specific or one size fits all or a range?
Have not looked into them as of yet but wanting to more and more from talking to folks who have them.
Best suppressor for the money?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have one suppressor that goes on a AR chambered in .223/5.56 and a Remington 700 that’s chambered in 7mm-08. It can go anything up to a .30 cal magnum but my Kimber is too pretty to cut.

- - - Updated - - -

My only experience is with Dakota Silencer’s Varminter 2.0 but I really like it. And Dakota Silencer makes the process painless.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't got a one yet but when I was looking I was told to get a 30 caliber suppressor then it will work with just about all your guns or anything up to a 30 caliber.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many guys buy a single suppressor and use it on multiple weapons and are suppressors caliber specific or one size fits all or a range?
Have not looked into them as of yet but wanting to more and more from talking to folks who have them.
Best suppressor for the money?

Buy a 30cal varmiter 3.0 from dakota silencer and use it on everything.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the varmiter 3.0 in pergatory. Contacted Dakota Silencer refer me to clarys customers comps in Flandrue SD. Had my 17 hmr threaded the. Took roughly 3 weeks (but took me almost 6 before picking it up) that ran 130. Threading was perfect with it going on really nice and snug fit towads then end require a bit more muscle.

Been debating havING my tikka 308 with standard barrel threaded, just don't know if there is enough meat without cutting the barrel down.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been debating havING my tikka 308 with standard barrel threaded, just don't know if there is enough meat without cutting the barrel down.

Go with 1/2in threads and get an adapter.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone get in on dak silencers BOGO sale for black friday? Not a bad deal... Sure wish trump would hurry and get that hearing protection act passed!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 85
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31