Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My rep is now claiming they got letters in support of the bill from ND chapter of wildlife society, ND wildlife federation and united sportsman of ND.

make your vote based on a letter of support from a fringe org vs 1000s of emails to the contrary by concerned individual citizens

seems legit

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
tit for tat you mean like threatening to post up the land if this bill doesn't pass.

So if I pay $ 2,000 on my house and $ 8,000 on a property I own in town to operate a business out of that is my $ 10,000 against your $ 4,000, Not to mention I have to pay full sales tax for equipment purchases. where is this equality you are talking about?
Not to mention I bet you don't get massive subsidy payments from the government!

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My rep is now claiming they got letters in support of the bill from ND chapter of wildlife society, ND wildlife federation and united sportsman of ND.

At the most those 3 groups would total a few hundred voters. Did they ask you for your consent? What legislators have to worry about is the 140,000 licensed ND sportsmen who are emailing them for a no vote. Break that number down and add in family members of those sportsmen, easily 4-5000 votes per legislative district. Go ahead and piss them off and see what happens.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still stunned by how aggressive/combative some of these individuals are.

Sure - you'll get that type of brash talk from your average Joe Shmoe on their keyboards on an enthusiast web site like NDA. But for "officials" and large organization leaders to talk like they are is just astounding to me. Just a sign of the times as we spiral downward with respect and decorum I guess.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daryl Leis of ND Farm Bureau is on 550 AM now talking about a “ND Lockout” where landowners are vowing to not allow anyone but family, friends and nonresident hunters on their land if SB2315 fails. He claimed over 1 million acres have been pledged to be closed to hunters via this and another (name or org I missed) “lockout”.

The proponents must be getting desperate! Wonder if Fritz has been out helping his buddy Daryl gather lockout pledges?

Maybe they can develop an app for these million acres and provide it to the sconis?:;:huh

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sure - you'll get that type of brash talk from your average Joe Shmoe on their keyboards on an enthusiast web site like NDA. But for "officials" and large organization leaders to talk like they are is just astounding to me. Just a sign of the times as we spiral downward with respect and decorum I guess.
It just shows the gloves need to come off and get down and dirty with them come campaign season. If the assholes wNt to act like our federal politicians we will treat em as such

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member

It tells me there is more behind the bill than what the proponents have told us. Their tactics to ram this through the legislature and the extreme reactions they have to any opposition aren't in line with their complaint IMO.

Keep the pressure on and most importantly, keep tabs of how your legislators vote. If we as sportsmen don't start voting for legislators who support our interests we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody know if we can make freedom of information act requests for our state reps emails? I would have to believe so. If so we need to request all emails for all reps. Dig into these bitches

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they ask you for your consent?

Strangely enough, I was asked to sign a letter regarding SB 2315 (I'm guessing it would have been this one) on Tuesday night as an individual and declined for the following reasons:

1) The restriction of non-hunting access to unposted lands (fishing, hiking, biking, etc.), and loss of access for most activities is a loss for all people;
2) The fact that they WILL come for the hunting exemption in the next few sessions (I've been promised by one Rep) - this "compromise" does not buy peace and sets the stage for a final offensive in the ongoing "everything's posted" movement;
3) That such a letter - even if just used to discuss the terms of 2315 - would most likely be utilized and intentionally misconstrued as a "sportsmen are on board" tool by the proponents (and it is, despite that not being true)
4) No other solutions have even been considered beyond the semi-nuclear option that sits before us. I and many others have offered at least half-a-dozen easier alternatives that would stiffen penalties, reduce the cost of posting, increase land ownership respect and awareness, deter trespass and help build relationships. But this database boondoggle has been the bone the dog won't let go of.
5) Also the game retrieval provision pointed out here really concerned me - but I hear they're fixing that in their do-over today.

See the thing is, you can be a member of these groups - or DU, or PF, or whomever - that do great things for youth, access and habitat, but you don't have to agree with them all the time. I encourage everyone to raise their individual voices in this home stretch and speak your belief and truth to power.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you post the verbiage that doesn’t protect hikers etc. my rep insists it doesn’t

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone save your ticks and release them at the house and senate chambers.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member

wstnodak

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just received a response stating that she was switching from no to yes. It appears as if the badgering is paying off.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
sb 2315 will go to a final vote in the senate at 1pm tomorrow (4/24)!

Which means sb 2315 could go to a final vote in the house at 4pm tomorrow (4/24)!

Contact your legislators tonight and tomorrow morning!!!

so what happened???? :;:huh

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyexer -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFaKiQM86W1U72sAGSdsVgIipmefUWVf/view?usp=sharing

Amendment 1 - Page 1, Lines 20-23 prohibit access for any reason (hiking, birding, shed-hunting, biking, etc) to any land and reference the exception to hunting in Ch. 20.1.

Amendment 3 - Page 3, Lines 28-31 allows access to unposted land only for hunting.
i see nothing like that in the link you provided. The 1st amendment is referring to buildings or occupied structures high secured structures etc.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
i see nothing like that in the link you provided. The 1st amendment is referring to buildings or occupied structures high secured structures etc.

Line 21 - "or any other place" is the catchall language they've added on Line 21 in Amdt 1, which covers all real property.

I know...sneaky, right? You'd think they'd use "land" or "real property" then reference the 20.1 exception for hunting - but no, they keep it shifty, vague and "gotcha" ... or what we've come to expect with this bill in this session, LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

so what happened???? :;:huh

The proponents got so much backlash on the game retrieval language, that they had to pull the bill yesterday for a "do-over" (five and counting) to "fix" it. It should hit the Senate at 1pm today.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
FYI TO THOSE IN DISTRICT 11,

Though not my district I did receive a response from District 11 Representative Dobervich indicating she was going to flip from a 'No ' on this bill to a 'Do pass'.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a link to watch the proceedings in the legislature this afternoon?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sent an email to that rep quoting the bill and have asked him to point out where hikers, horseback riders etc are exempted like hunters

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Line 21 - "or any other place" is the catchall language they've added on Line 21 in Amdt 1, which covers all real property.

I know...sneaky, right? You'd think they'd use "land" or "real property" then reference the 20.1 exception for hunting - but no, they keep it shifty, vague and "gotcha" ... or what we've come to expect with this bill in this session, LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

The proponents got so much backlash on the game retrieval language, that they had to pull the bill yesterday for a "do-over" (five and counting) to "fix" it. It should hit the Senate at 1pm today.

how are they not getting tons of backlash about this entire thing??? whose backlash on the game retrieval issue carried so much weight??? G&F??

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
how are they not getting tons of backlash about this entire thing??? whose backlash on the game retrieval issue carried so much weight??? G&F??

Correct. G&F weighed in on the retrieval issue and got it to change. Imagine if they weren't forced to stay neutral by the Governor from the get-go?! This Bill would have died in the Senate in February and we would have never heard the word "database!"

It has been left to us to speak out. Keep doing it!

VIDEO LINK TO BOTH CHAMBERS IS HERE: http://video.legis.nd.gov/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34