Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
so lets clarify something...if this passes a "hunter" can still "hunt" on unposted land without permission from the landowner???

Yes, you can still hunt on unposted land but the concern is that it is chipping away at an all out "Trespass Law" and they will go after the hunting portion of this in the next session. It also does not allow for other outdoor activities such as fishing access, shed hunting, etc.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I understand it the bill passed by the Senate today still includes the language about the electronic database posting committee research and study and and development and implementation of the system in 3 trial counties before the end of the biennium. I have expressed concerns about cost of this to our legislature and a senator who voted yes for the bill today replied to me that I should not be concerned about costs as there are no appropriations for this committee study and and development and implementation for trial use in three counties. I do not understand how this bill can require this committee study and development and implementation in three counties without appropriations or at no cost, especially to the taxpayer...???

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's because they want it to be funded by the game and fish. Which obviously means the very people who don't want this to pass, would be the very people paying for the database through hunting and fishing licenses etc. Crock of shit. At least that's the way it was the last time this was voted on a few weeks ago.

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose it's time we as sportsman band together, start a ND hunting and fishing organization made up of those of us that wish to continue this fight and start buying up farm land when it comes up for sale. Could even lease it for farming to pay for taxes and only allow dues paying to use the land. These "ND lockout" folks would probably be angry with increased competition for land.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do believe we need to form a grass roots true hunting group statewide. One that can carry a damn big stick. One that can buy these bastards too

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well if this bill passes the house you can kiss fishing the Souris River and Devils Lake Coulees goodbye. This doesn’t mention all the other spots on unposted public land on other water bodies. Many of the best spots will be off limits without permission. You will have to be very careful to stay on the road ROW’s.

So much for everyone looking out for people who fish......

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the House 4:30 p.m. session has been adjourned. Does anybody know if they voted on the SB 2315 bill?

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully the House has the sense to at least study it for the impact on communities. It doesn’t need to pass this year. If it passes I’m glad I’m not a hotel owner in a tourist spot.

Last edited:

dustit

58419969_2385166565065850_9103402278743703552_n.jpg

Attached is a copy of the letter from the “sportsman “ organizations.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does this mean all the monks who fish on shore around devils lake from the cities and line the roads can not longer come up and fish for their white fish? Thee is a ton of them. db

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well if this bill passes the house you can kiss fishing the Souris River and Devils Lake Coulees goodbye. This doesn’t mention all the other spots on unposted public land on other water bodies. Many of the best spots will be off limits without permission. You will have to be very careful to stay on the road ROW’s.

So much for everyone looking out for people who fish......

Township roads would be off limits/posted. State and County would be open.

dustit

Earth to eye,

1. ND Farm Bureau has been trying to eliminate the corporate farming law. You're welcome.
2. The ND legislature just adopted the IRS formula for the farm home exemption. See SB 2360. Passed.
3. Ag building permits? Eye, how many State employees do you think should be hired at taxpayer expense to push paper?

Eye, no one is going to carry your petitions. Your Rep. already knows this.

Fritz, I'm pretty sure that SB 2360 has relaxed the rules for the farm home exemption, otherwise the affected people would be up in arms. It reduced the years able to look back from 3 years to 2 years. It also changed the required amount of income from farming to qualify for the exemption levels from 50 percent of net income to 66 percent of gross income.

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/documents/19-1117-03000.pdf

https://www.agweek.com/opinion/colu...takes-trespassing-tax-exemptions-grain-buyers

https://www.theminutemanblog.com/20...ses-a-new-lodging-tax-the-property-tax-shift/

From a quick view I would say it is now easier for someone to qualify leaving the tax burden for others to make up. When you polish a turd it is still a turd!

If this wasn't a good bill for the "interested parties" I'm pretty sure the ones who sponsored it wouldn't have done so or acted on the behalf of the cronies at NDFB and Daryl Lies.

This is even comical, quoted from the link below...."In addition to SB 2192, the House also passed Senate Bill 2360 today. I’ll leave the details up to you, but in a nutshell it raised the property tax exemptions for farmers. On the surface, this will sound wonderful to some— especially those who benefit from it. But as Rep. Ben Koppelman (R – District 16) explained, exemptions like this are simply tax shifts. And with increases like those found in the bill, the shift will be even greater. What’s interesting about this vote is that Rep. Clayton Fegley (R – District 4) attempted to declare a conflict of interest — because he’s a farmer — but Speaker of the House Lawrence Klemin (R – District 47) denied Fegley’s request to be exempt from voting. Why? Because with the number of farmers in the legislature, Klemin said there likely wouldn’t have been enough members to actually hold a vote if such a conflict was acknowledged— a fascinating admission.

https://www.theminutemanblog.com/20...ses-a-new-lodging-tax-the-property-tax-shift/

"According to the fiscal note prepared by Kathy Strombeck at the North Dakota Tax Commissioner’s Office, “If enacted, engrossed SB 2360 may result in additional residences qualifying for property tax exemptions, primarily due to the repeal of the limitation on allowable non-farm income. Additionally, the switch from net to gross income may also enable additional residences to qualify as exempt farm residences. The number and value of additional residences that may become exempt under the provisions of engrossed SB 2360 is not known.”

https://www.newrockfordtranscript.c...related-bills-to-watch-this-session/2444.html

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does this mean all the monks who fish on shore around devils lake from the cities and line the roads can not longer come up and fish for their white fish? Thee is a ton of them. db

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Township roads would be off limits/posted. State and County would be open.

aren't all section lines in ND open to public travel

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
since when do four organizations write group letters, “signed” by the names of the orgs, not individuals representing those orgs?

that letter is goofier than a pet coon

- - - Updated - - -

and who is that document addressed to?

bizarre

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
aren't all section lines in ND open to public travel ​ Travel yes, access no. Private land is posted to the middle of the road.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56