Site speed?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the thing about the numbers....they just don't add up. Been keeping and eye on another site I go on allot and they are running around 100 users online with another 300 or so lurking. During the last two hours they have posted about 300 times. This site show four times as many people but only gets a fraction of the number of posts so it just seems a bit weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe between the bad attitudes on FB and NoDak Outdoors people are to gun shy to post!

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Off topic but you should see if u can add an icon that shows how many replies there are under a picture before u click on the photo.

I may be the only one but I like to go look at new comments on pics as people comment. And my mind can remember how many replies are on a forum the last time I looked. So I know if it's worth opening up again for the 35th time that day. Lol

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Low and behold I got pissed and went to the bar to stroke my ego a bit.

not sure that's the best idea mr. banhammer................tell me you didn't take your smartphone with you...

Last edited:

Toby2

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
not sure that's the best idea mr. banhammer................tell me you didn't take your smartphone with you...

Nope, it was just a funny that I wrote because I have some friends that this happened too...not quite to the T but close. Haven't been to a bar in 3 years.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope, it was just a funny that I wrote because I have some friends that this happened too...not quite to the T but close. Haven't been to a bar in 3 years.

Maybe that is the problem, rather than the solution;:;boozer

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
mine is very slow the last few weeks. takes very long to load the pages lately. this site and this site only.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I run at dail-up speeds here at work and it loads up good for me except if it's a photo heavy thread.

Jesus... that's just cruel. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Site runs just fine for me, i have periods of poor connectivity but that could be my DNS at work too. My only complaint is the mobile view, man it can piss a guy off. Right side row up buttons only hits search, regardless of where you put your finger.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now since this thread I can't post any of my freakn' brilliance. It says I must add
one character to post.

- - - Updated - - -

It posted OK here to further stoke my annoyance.

- - - Updated - - -

In a nutshell: The farther left you are on the highway; the faster you should be traveling. Don't block it up.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The full site is painstakingly slow on my Android. All other sites are fine.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the cell network it supper slow on my phone but same devices on WiFi are full speed.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Are most of the issues with the mobile version? I don't use the mobile version anymore, so I am curious about that. Thanks

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the full site on my phone and it is slow.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just tested with the wifi on and it is much faster. Other sites are just fine on the mobile network but this one is slow.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just tested with the wifi on and it is much faster. Other sites are just fine on the mobile network but this one is slow.

I'll have to see if I can manipulate some file sizes. Try and ease the load a bit.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my work computer is is extremely slow. To the point I really don't come on. At home not bad at all. Both firefox

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33