Spring snows 24

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
before it hits saturday evening it might be real good down
You get between them going from water to feed or feed to water in a blizzard. And you will have a really good shoot. Without setting up any decoys. Can get in some great dog work.
I’ve heard of some monster shoots on the backside of the migration when we get a reverse migration. Southern SD and rainwater area may see a big push back south. Kurt if you have a good chunk of open water down there you guys may holdover a big number too. I haven’t seen enough open water up here to make me think anything will ride this one out north of I-94

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like it will be muddy. The last hunt I was on before I sold my snow stuff was similar. Layed in my waders in 3” of melting snow and mud. Fun fun. They will be piling back south soon.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out and about this morning I have seen two different big groups heading south.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Up until a couple days ago, the amount of birds heading north was crazy.
Haven't seen any heading south yet.

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
Audoban to Max had some big feeds yesterday when I traveled through. Looked like most were just sitting on ice as there isn't much for water.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know where they are, I scouted yesterday and saw nothing

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out shoveling snow we got north of Bismarck this morning and snows are flying by 10's of thousand for last hour came from NW maybe on river, lake Sakakawea is still frozen. 5' to 8" snow where they came from.
SNOWGOOOSE.JPG

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just had a big string over my house here. Going to Bismarck will report what I see

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Came up 281 in SD yesterday. One huge, by huge I mean huge, flock sitting on water in the Redfield area. Other smaller flocks of Canadas and ducks but that was the only flock of snows.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Finished driving 281 from Aberdeen north today. Lots of geese north of Aberdeen to about 10-15 miles into ND. Started N. of Aberdeen about where I was west of the Refuge. Several big flocks and most sitting in fields. This was about 10 in the morning.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a crap load of snow geese today east of Jamestown along the interstate. Many thousands.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my 15 mile drive home from Jamestown south tonight there were birds in every direction as far as you could see for the entire drive. Some on the ground, most not, some Low flyers and some sky high. Someone up north is gonna get a massive amount of birds and I’m assuming most are juvies

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the way back from Fargo we saw another lake covered with geese. I am no expert on estimating but possibly hundreds of thousands of geese. I have never seen anything like it. Two lakes on either side of the interstate.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88