Spring snows report 2018

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Migration is on and to the west.There are thousands of snows west of the river.Dont know what the snow will do to them,got about 3 inches in beulah last night.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Tens of thousands passing over Aberdeen this morning. Continually for the hour I was outside freezing my buns off! Damn its cold for April!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Large numbers definitely here but the fields are pure crap and that's a bit of a understatement!

IMG_20180412_202634691.jpg

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Working out in drive way in Minot...had a flock of about 75 snows fly over going north....about 30 minutes later they flew back over heading south

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Drove to Devils to Minot and only saw one flock. Not too much sheet water for them. Minot to Bismarck was another story tons down along the river.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will be interesting to see what this little baby snowstorm around minot will do to them.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were many many high flocks of snows going north over Bismarck today. I'm not sure I've ever seen geese so high.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were many many high flocks of snows going north over Bismarck today. I'm not sure I've ever seen geese so high.

I was changing a tire today and happened to look up to the sky. The skies were loaded with geese about half way to the moon. Crazy how high they were.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was changing a tire today and happened to look up to the sky. The skies were loaded with geese about half way to the moon. Crazy how high they were.
They could set their wings and glide to Canada.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove 94 from Fargo to Bismarck yesterday. Didn't really start to see any until the steele area. From there to menoken was loaded with them.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove to Bismarck and back yesterday. In the morning I didn't see any until I hit Jamestown. Quite a few between Jamestown and Medina. Unbelievable #'s coming off the Long Lake NWR just east of Bismarck. You could see massive flocks from the interstate near that NWR. On the way home I saw several flocks between Jamestown and Valley city and one large flock 10 miles east of Valley City. The migration is definitely well into ND; I just hope they stick around for this weekend. They were all on a mission to get north so you better get out while you can.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Area between Church's Ferry and Rugby was covered with snows yesterday. Most of the birds were in smaller flocks of 100-200. Area around Leeds was absolutely thick. There are definitely still opportunities out there if someone is interested. I wish I had time to get back up there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84