Tailrace

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Howdy I've been thinking about taking the boat to the race this weekend just wondering if its worth it if anyone knows how the ramp is and if a guy can venture down river.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
We plan on going Thursday. I'll send you a PM on how we do. I'll also have a ramp report this morning sometime.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only three boats on the river yesterday afternoon. Two in the second coal vein and I was fishing the stumps. Caught two about two pounds. Nice fish.

Going to try the morning bite. Leaving in a bit. We'll see if this is better.

Absolutely no wind last night and nature was on display. Eagles, ducks, fish jumping and the geese were numerous and noisy.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only three boats on the river yesterday afternoon. Two in the second coal vein and I was fishing the stumps. Caught two about two pounds. Nice fish.

Going to try the morning bite. Leaving in a bit. We'll see if this is better.

Absolutely no wind last night and nature was on display. Eagles, ducks, fish jumping and the geese were numerous and noisy.

Awesome!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got there early with only one other boat on the river. He was there the night before second coal vein same spot. He has something going on. Between 8:30 and 9:30 am I got five in the stumps. Then nothing.

Left at eleven. There were three boats second coal vein, one in the first coal vein, one in the honey hole and two west across from the honey hole. I didn't ask anyone how they were doing.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regarding the ramp, pull the trailer out SLOWLY. If nobody is chomping at the bit to use it next, stop and let your rig drain right into the river. Don't drag 100 gallons up the ramp. Turns into a skating rink. Also, bring a shovel. There is usually a pile of sand at the top of the ramp, to be thrown onto the ice.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
How skinny is the water by the ramp?? Haven't been up since late June last year and was churning mud w a 16 to get away, releases early am were horrible last year

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The water is low and had to drop my trailer over the apron edge. A smooth transition from cement to sand. A little chilly this morning and my water pump wasn't streaming. Had to stick a bottom bouncer wire in there to clean the ice out.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Five boats in the stumps today. Everyone was picking up a few. Healthy fish.

We bagged it at 11:00 am. Gets slow.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
AS of 4pm 2/16 (Thus), ramp was good, sand up top as needed, 14 trailers parked, most downstream at coal veins, some fish, but nice.
Wingwalls where really slow--few fish! A few boats out in front of honey hole just before main current also.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a little slower this morning. Two of us left with seven.

Visited with Terry Steinwand last night and showed him some pictures of healthy fish. Good. He said Lake Sakakawea may be tough this year because of all the natural forage.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33