Type of spider?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen some shit, but when my kids told me they had a crazy spider I thought whatever, can't be anything I haven't seen. What kind of hell is this thing??? IMG_2260.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The yellow one, smartasses!!

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it as poisonous as I think it is?

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a Black and Yellow Orb spider. They are an outdoor spider that is not poisonous. They catch an amazing number of mosquitoes d. Which are the carriers of West Nile,4 kinds of encephalitis (sleeping sickness), and Zika disease.

HotDoggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
of course, no one needs to actually know anything anymore when you can just "google it"

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a Black and Yellow Orb spider. They are an outdoor spider that is not poisonous. They catch an amazing number of mosquitoes d. Which are the carriers of West Nile,4 kinds of encephalitis (sleeping sickness), and Zika disease.

Who's this goober?! Show yourself, so we may vet thee!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much all spiders are venomous it's just the were are immune to most of them.

By the way what's going on in that pic? You having some sort of cage death match with an orb weaver a daddy long legs and a cricket that apparently got his ass kicked!

Last edited:

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's John Belushi, back from the depths, looking for Dan Akroyd, to do a sequel to The Blues Brothers and Killer Bees.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
All spiders die in my yard regardless of its contribution to mosquito born illnesses - spiders don't eat enough bugs in my opinion to earn their keep.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm obviously pretty new here as well, but this is funny. I haven't heard anyone use "goober" for a long time!

Stick around long enough and you'll probably hear all sorts of things you forgot, or never knew. Thankfully, it's usually concomitant with some humor.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much all spiders are venomous it's just the were are immune to most of them.

I dont think we are 'immune' to spider venom, but most spiders dont have fangs long enough to penetrate our skin, or enough venom, or the desire to attack us... There is a slight size difference between most humans (mini-me excluded) and typical spider prey.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW those yellow garden spiders are awesome. Entertain your kids and catch a cricket or something and toss it in the web. We used to do this all the time on my friends farm growing up...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont think we are 'immune' to spider venom, but most spiders dont have fangs long enough to penetrate our skin, or enough venom, or the desire to attack us... There is a slight size difference between most humans (mini-me excluded) and typical spider prey.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW those yellow garden spiders are awesome. Entertain your kids and catch a cricket or something and toss it in the web. We used to do this all the time on my friends farm growing up...

Especially your "black widow" avatar sweetie. Her hair kinda has a spider leg thing going on.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get to work today, and a couple of the gals are standing outside, eyeballing the front door. They already have the shivers, standing on one foot, etc. Spider by the door. Big one. Can't go in today...

spider.jpg

Here's the aftermath. I love nature as much as anyone, but that bugger had to go. The show has to go on. I'm a hero with the ladies, not-so-much with the arachnid ladies.

(if you look close, that bugger apparently had about 19 legs)(it was big enough for a LOT of juice to come out when I kilt it)

The gal who had the heebie jeebies the worst? I asked her if I could use her garbage can. I got the funniest look..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 229
  • This month: 194
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65