Weather Expert - La Nina`

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
fruit trees and caterpillars can't predict the titty sprinkling weather any better than you and i let alone the NWS. silly tales from old women...

you mean old women like your presidential vote hillary?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well horn hunter I have 21 credits of college meteorology and 20 years of storm chasing what do you got other than a fake account on here?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is this individual still here?^^^^

Dean knows his stuff and not a dick about it.

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
What say you on this from a storm chasers perspective? Hows the weather in Miami right now?
https://twitter.com/StuOstro/status/783310691583361024/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Ct7d7DxWYAAk_Es.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Juanner is correct. He is NOT an old woman. He's a decent outdoorsman and a fine judge of quality shirtwear.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer season 1966. Four of us punk greenhorns from the east got drawn for Mule Deer in the Badlands. Went out there opening and slept in an uninsulated bunkhouse. Only heat was a wood cook stove. Anyway there was an unusual amount of snow then and it was very cold. Went one for four. That was back when the deer population was lower than it is now. I know you young'ns won't believe that. So now 50 years later these old bones are predicting very cold and lots of snow.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
What say you on this from a storm chasers perspective? Hows the weather in Miami right now?
https://twitter.com/StuOstro/status/783310691583361024/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etf

Ct7d7DxWYAAk_Es.jpg

Wrong type of chasing although I would love to be there. For Matthew I would be heading for somewhere just south of Cape Canaveral. They look to get the left side of the eye wall though not as much fun as the front right side it should be a hell of a show as the hurricane rips itself apart running up the cost. Then the only question is will it do a full loop and head into the Gulf or eject north east out towards Bermuda after its gone back south for a day.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was reading about this one and it may hit Florida twice if it does the loopdy loop, saying this is going to be the largest evac florida has seen.
Sounds like it will strengthen as it hits fl too. Doesn't look good for them. Wife and I are headed there in a few weeks for a 10 day vacation but on the gulf side so hopefully things work out for it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was reading about this one and it may hit Florida twice if it does the loopdy loop, saying this is going to be the largest evac florida has seen.
Sounds like it will strengthen as it hits fl too. Doesn't look good for them. Wife and I are headed there in a few weeks for a 10 day vacation but on the gulf side so hopefully things work out for it.

No worries looks like Godzilla's going to save the day!

https://youtu.be/tVEPvXBEOSE

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in firm belief ND supports a resident population of American Robins. I'd like to know their forage and night shelter. They have to be eating grain and roosting with pigeons or thick patches of conifer. I'd say the same thing for mourning dove. I saw a few last January under a feeder in Des Lacs. Last winter was special because of Gorebal Warming regarding the mourning doves. Robins seem to be hanging out. I did a WTF thread on another site a few years ago.

I also revealed how my great-grandfather used to love to eat them as told to me by Dad.

MOURNING dove; not collared.

Sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBc0gS13MsI

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer season 1966. Four of us punk greenhorns from the east got drawn for Mule Deer in the Badlands. Went out there opening and slept in an uninsulated bunkhouse. Only heat was a wood cook stove. Anyway there was an unusual amount of snow then and it was very cold. Went one for four. That was back when the deer population was lower than it is now. I know you young'ns won't believe that. So now 50 years later these old bones are predicting very cold and lots of snow.
Just so happens that 66 was the first year I went deer hunting. In the badlands. In a tent. It was frigid. Especially when you had to drop your shorts. It was tough hunting but I managed to slay a muley out the back window of my dad's station wagon. With a 222.

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess is the moisture shot it's load while we had above normal temps. This winter won't be much different than the last three. I do hope we get a cold snap without snow for the beginning of ice season.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old woman tale was directed at jdinnys caterpillar story. The hillary comment was a low blow. An ens"low" blow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55