WTF kinda bug

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20170614_085032041.jpg

I was doing a gradation on pea rock and dumped the bag out and that's what came out. If I would have had the Glock I would have probably dumped the whole mag. I hate big bugs.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
8 legs,. must be some sort of spider and I don't know if a full clip would have been enough.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wind scorpion

- - - Updated - - -

badlands has them - and praying mantis - and horned toads

amazing stuff - I was blown away when I went out there to work out of high school

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This came from herried south Dakota that's along ways from the bad lands. Glad no one was here when it came out of the bag i screamed like a 10 year old girl. It was hard to kill it so I could still identify it.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting. I had never heard of one of those before.
Even though it is not, it Looks a bit like the ugly camel spiders from the Middle East desert.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup #guythatknowsbugs...never herd of the beast before,had to google it,the ass end of the critter looks like a crabby face....but I have a good imagination,not poisinous but a painful bite,I would've broke my foot stomping on the "some beech"

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they really are super creepy - I normally am cool with bugs but these are just nasty and provoke a primal fear of some sort

YUCK

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep i was trying to kill it so i could still get an id on it but if it would have ran at me any faster it was going to get the boots put to it. After the first wack of the spoon it was ready to fight. Those pinchers on its face were scarier than a german shepard growling at me in a dark alley

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
"the first wack of the spoon". LOL - I like that.

Former co-worker of mine and her husband have a house in Costa Rica. He was there for a few days and when he came home, she was unpacking his suitcase. I think she said she had her glasses off. Saw what appeared to be a leaf, on one of his shirts. Looked closer and it was a scorpion.

I woulda just laid down and died. Probably pee myself first, then just commence to stop breathing.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
they say you inhale on average 7 spiders a year whilst sleeping. youre welcome for that stat

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep on the scorpion. I have found quite a few on the bluffs overlooking Lake Sak east of Williston.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look up Solfugidae and you get the whole bunch. Their MUCH LARGER COUSINS are what the soldiers called "Camel Spiders" in the desert. They got to be as big as your hand and would PINCH the bejesus out of you. Nonvenomous though they may be, those were almost worse than the Bugger Eaters shooting at you. Your weapons worked on the Bugger Eaters, but were less than effective on Camel Spiders.

Should mention that these are a beneficial critter. They are cricket destroying machines despite their ominous appearance.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5