yellowing headlight cover~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a remedy? to cheap to replace them,used oven cleaner and my cordless drill with course scubbing pad,so so results,Idea's?

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I've used the 3M headlamp restoration kit and if you are patient and follow the instructions they work amazing. They last about a year depending on how much sunlight your headlight lens are subjected. You can order them on line, through Walmart or auto parts stores carry variations too. About $15-$30 depending on who's you use. All about the same.
I finally ordered new headlamp assembly for my wife's 2009 Honda Pilot for $160/e. Will see how long they last compared to original.

Good luck.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used the 3M headlamp restoration kit and if you are patient and follow the instructions they work amazing. They last about a year depending on how much sunlight your headlight lens are subjected. You can order them on line, through Walmart or auto parts stores carry variations too. About $15-$30 depending on who's you use. All about the same.
I finally ordered new headlamp assembly for my wife's 2009 Honda Pilot for $160/e. Will see how long they last compared to original.

Good luck.

Agree with the above. Follow the directions and they work well. But you have to do it every year once you start.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
How often do you have to use it/how long does it stay clear?

I did it last summer on a 2000 Lincoln that spends most of it's life in the garage they are still clear .

Had a body shop buff one after I hit a deer with another car , It cleaned up nice and lasted another two years before it started to fade enough to be noticeable, That one spent some time outside.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, Don't. That would be stupid unless you have more dollars than sense and no time to tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffers and compound are cheap compared to $ 400.00 for new headlights .

Mr.Mike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just did mine last week. Picked up the Turtle Wax Kit at Walmart for under ten bucks. They turned out great and it was pretty easy. Don't know how long it will last, but still have enough to do them again if needed.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanx for all the insight,got plenty of WD in my man cave so thats plan "A" plan "B" is a kit from local auto part store.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
RPNLPS~ Thanx for the tip! worked great! yellow headlight lenses are brand new....

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
RPNLPS~ Thanx for the tip! worked great! yellow headlight lenses are brand new....

No problem, it’s amazing what you can google search! it works really well when having to remove road tar if you happen to get in some during road construction season!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem, it’s amazing what you can google search! it works really well when having to remove road tar if you happen to get in some during road construction season!

Truth. Internet/google is our friend.

We have a dark wood kitchen/dining room table, and had lasagna (very hot lasagna) last week. Under each plate, was a white cloudy mark on the table. Seemingly permanent. Couldn't get it off.

Wife googled it, and did something with an iron and distilled water, and the spots are gone!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truth. Internet/google is our friend.

We have a dark wood kitchen/dining room table, and had lasagna (very hot lasagna) last week. Under each plate, was a white cloudy mark on the table. Seemingly permanent. Couldn't get it off.

Wife googled it, and did something with an iron and distilled water, and the spots are gone!

Buy some placemats and spotting is gone.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed,WD has many uses as I'm finding out,I use it to clean oil spots off my garage floor as well.I'm told from my navy pals WD is a no-no on ships,wonder why,no explanation from them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56