Dog Boxes/Hunting Crates

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
The “four legged companions” thread got me thinking again about hunting gear for my pooch. Have wanted to get a dog box for awhile, but have a tough time spending $200+ on an injection-molded piece of plastic that probably cost $10 to make. I’ve got an older pickup with only a bench seat, so if I have a two-legged Hunting buddy tag along, Trigger rides in the bed. What do you all use? Recommendations? :;:huh

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
my old dog still wanted to jump in and out of pickup box, didn't want him to get hurt doing it and he hated ramps so I got a receiver hitch cargo thing from harbor freight and built a plywood box to fit it, had a door on each side as it was too narrow for my dog to turn in it. took a couple of tries but he got the hang of it. i had to remember which end he went in so I opened the correct side for him to unload.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buy an extended cab truck so all can ride in comfort and all can smell like wet dog.:;:thumbsup

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy an extended cab truck so all can ride in comfort and all can smell like wet dog.:;:thumbsup
Trust me, as much as I’d like to upgrade, no matter how I try to justify it in my head, the bank account still says NOOOO

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out Bisman. I've seen dog carriers on there several times.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
15337245_1646443265653108_7438987861816246272_n.jpg.jpg
With 2 kids my truck is pretty full, so the dogs get sent to the back. I love my Gunners. They are expensive, but my pups are family.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two Rough Tuff Kennels. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely. I've bought enough cheap crates that crack/split/disintegrate I'd had enough. Plus I worry about the dogs. I know it won't stop them from getting killed in an accident, but I feel a bit better after watching the torture test videos of RTKs online. I have the two kennels bolted together with an adapter kit, plus I have tie-downs on the top. Everything is elevated on a wooden platform I made so there's storage underneath. The hounds are rock solid and safe (and pretty darn comfortable under the topper).

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know what kind my kennels pet porter?. Anyway -- been through more then a couple generations of dogs -- they dont split break or anything else -- they look like they will last a lifetime. I keep one of them in my truck all months except when my fishhouse is in the back.. The key is --- they are not outside, they dont get sun bleached as the topper windows are tinted. If the truck rolls - well i think were all in trouble -- some more than others-- the dogs will most likely survive before i do.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pet Porter with insulated cover has always worked for me. Its amazing how toasty dogs will stay in there. My dog actually likes the kennel better than the backseat of the truck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 186
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84