2017 MN Buck

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
MN rifle season was fun this year. First year rifle hunting there in 4 years so it was great to spend more time at camp with the group. My sister shot an 8pt opening night, I shot this one Wednesday morning, and my dad shot a doe Friday night. Cold and snowy basically sums up the weather, and the deers patterns showed it. The does were hammering the rye grass out in a couple little fields around us so we changed out patterns to fit the bill. There are a lot of fawns around the area we hunt this year, hoping for a decent winter and for populations to continue to increase.

My buck was chasing does out in a clear cut at 9am Wednesday morning. Luckily the does came right at from 300+yards away and the buck followed them. Field dressed out at 207lbs making him my biggest yet and biggest ever shot at our camp. Wednesday night it got down to -12 at our cabin, so sleeping in and sitting inside all processing the deer was nice!

IMG_0924.jpgIMG_0923.jpgIMG_0925.jpg

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great deer- nice work. Crazy how one side has palmation---

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's great that you got to spend time outdoors with your family, hunting with them too is a big bonus.

Congrats on the beautiful buck! I'm sure you and your family will spend many happy hours talking about your hunts and enjoying the meals it provided.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations to you and your family. I'm a suckered for big body bucks and that dark horn color. Hoping to cross paths with one I seen Friday night

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That right main beam looks like Hellboy's hand! Very well done, I dig the uniqueness.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83