Mule Deer in AZ

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are in a rural area east of Kingman for another Month and a half. We have been here for about a month. Anyway we have mule deer that passes through our yard everyday. As many as 16 different ones at one time. However we have a doe along with what seems to be last years fawns that hang around near our cabin a lot. Even when we are outside they are not spooky to the point of following us around the yard at a distance. So I started carring a few crackers and holding them out. She walked right up and took them right from my hand. Evidently this was not the first time that she was hand feed. Now I kind of feel like I should not started this as She and her two fawns are seeming to expect it every time. The fawns are more stand offish.
There are about 50 plus houses in this development and we see the deer in everyones yard.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are humanized and more livestock than wild. Enjoy the interaction. Take pics. I'd like to see the buggars. We don't have many deer around here anymore. Last winter killed lots of them.:cry:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are in a rural area east of Kingman for another Month and a half. We have been here for about a month. Anyway we have mule deer that passes through our yard everyday. As many as 16 different ones at one time. However we have a doe along with what seems to be last years fawns that hang around near our cabin a lot. Even when we are outside they are not spooky to the point of following us around the yard at a distance. So I started carring a few crackers and holding them out. She walked right up and took them right from my hand. Evidently this was not the first time that she was hand feed. Now I kind of feel like I should not started this as She and her two fawns are seeming to expect it every time. The fawns are more stand offish.
There are about 50 plus houses in this development and we see the deer in everyones yard.
Nice deer in area for sure. I have family in Bullhead city. Maybe looking for better food than desert has to offer.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Head south on historic Route 66 to Oatman and look at all the ppl feeding the burros in town. Damn things are so tame some of them venture into stores looking for handouts.🤣

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Head south on historic Route 66 to Oatman and look at all the ppl feeding the burros in town. Damn things are so tame some of them venture into stores looking for handouts.🤣
Thx, we were there twice last year. Going again this year when grandkids are here over spring break.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Neighbor calls his guy 'Joe' as he has limp tries to smell everything around but everyone just shuns him and trots away.

IMG_5279.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93