Losing my best friend.

Tinesdown

Established Member
:( Sorry for your family’s loss Arron.
Yeah man its real hard to cope with. Only thing i can talk is my old lab man those dogs are so realiable. The white lab i had was the greatest hunting dog an i hunted alot( had her in high school) i used to take her out after school kill a limit of roosters more times than not back 2007 2009 that dog loved to hunt so i used to be a really tough kid out of school my lab liked to run. I used to run right after her flushing birds. So the areas i used to hunt birds were pressued to say the least but get in between the food an cover u could always get a shot at a couple. An burn one spot go to the next an have a long shot with them coming off the food source. Long shots are a givinen high flying roosters are tough 6 foot leads they are hard to think. That was how i learned to lead birds. They going 50mph an most dont catch up to them .

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks everyone. He was a good boy. I'm glad I took the leap and got a puppy this March after we lost Callie. She is getting ALL of the love and attention and is helping us get through it. I couldn't imagine how empty our house would feel without a dog in it.
This is our girl, Raya. She's going to be a great pup too, in her own way.
454420140_10100423624571392_355610804739976085_n.jpg
454286383_10100423624491552_1103291627722239407_n.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced my last dog 10 years ago, the now 10 year old is getting to the point of passing, but will not be replaced. I picked him up within 2 weeks of the others passing, and never built the bond I had with his predecessor, as I feel I replaced him to quickly. Should've given myself more time to grieve.

Dogs sure make life better, however at my age now, and all the kids gone, it will be a pet free home when my current buddy leaves me.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dog is now 4 i am in the research phase right now as i want to have another puppy when he is 6 so when he retires and lives to be 50 i will have another dog for running tests and hunting. I went 5 months with out a dog it was an odd feeling.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced my last dog 10 years ago, the now 10 year old is getting to the point of passing, but will not be replaced. I picked him up within 2 weeks of the others passing, and never built the bond I had with his predecessor, as I feel I replaced him to quickly. Should've given myself more time to grieve.

Dogs sure make life better, however at my age now, and all the kids gone, it will be a pet free home when my current buddy leaves me.
When our last pup died (Zoey), we both said, we can't go through this again, as it is much to painful. We are in our 70's, and often talk about our dogs that have long passed, and we get that painful hurt all over again, but the memories they have left us with, we wouldn't trade it for anything.
Zoey was a chocolate Lab and she did everything we wanted and more. Listened better than any human, and I received so many compliments on how well she acted and listened. She never had to be told anything twice, that is after she was 6 months old. Fast learner and loved to please.
I could go on and on about her, but losing her was too much for both of us.
Replace them if you want and don't if you can't bear to go through that pain again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 25