Halloween Reminder

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
My pup already got into my boys candy. He ate a couple pieces of chocolate. From my understanding, this is poison to dogs. Keep the candy high and away from your pups.

Peroxide or a mouth full of salt will make them puke.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My GSP ate a 2lb chocolate bunny one easter she is still kicking she did have the shits for a couple days. But not any worse than when she ate a pound of paddlefish fresh out of the smoker this last spring.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
when I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9, we had a poodle that ate a pound bag of m&m's. he threw up for like 6 hours straight. had to quarantine him to the kitchen as it was easier to clean up. scary deal for a young kid to witness.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
when I was a kid, maybe 8 or 9, we had a poodle that ate a pound bag of m&m's. he threw up for like 6 hours straight. had to quarantine him to the kitchen as it was easier to clean up. scary deal for a young kid to witness.

Wags=wimpy :;:howdy

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our Bassett hound used to eat Hersheys kisses and choclate ice cream all the time, never had a problem his whole life and lived to 13.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Thats awesome because when I was a kid our toy poodle ate a completely full one pound bag of m&ms as well. She never got fazed by it thought. But she had an iron stomach because I would feed that dog EVERYTHING I could get my hands on.

tinker

Founding Member
Founding Member
go through alot of peanut butter??
Thats awesome because when I was a kid our toy poodle ate a completely full one pound bag of m&ms as well. She never got fazed by it thought. But she had an iron stomach because I would feed that dog EVERYTHING I could get my hands on.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had a dog that was ever phased by chocolate. Heck even had one that got into a brand new case of mouse decon and didn't phase her, ate the whole damn case and not a single symptom.

But I did have a cat jump up on a shelf in the shop and knock down a bucket of carb cleaner and she got drenched in it.............that didn't end well. walked in while she was cleaning herself which must have been within seconds of it happening and it was almost instant convulsions and death within seconds of seeing it.
Both instances happened over 25 years ago on the farm while I was in high school.

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think dark chocolate is the worst.
I had a shorthair that ate an entire case of those big chocolate bars used for fund raising. He crapped out lots of tin foil but nothing worse.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple of years ago I got into my kids Halloween candy. I just got fat..

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I laugh when people talk about their GSP getting into or destroying something because they are fricken problem childs. But they make you forget about their transgressions in an instant too. Have had a GSP and gwp. Both have chewed through more than I can even remember. Chocolate was probably a main staple of their diet.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My GSP ate a stick of butter, after shiting it out he ate it again, bout made mrs johnr puke

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 180
  • This month: 150
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84