Veterans Day

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to thank all the veterans on this site for your service. You have made my life and my family's life a better one because of what you have done. I am humbled on this day and very grateful.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
hoo rah. thanks wildeyes. Same goes out to all the veterans on here as well.

VFA 94 - Home of the Mighty Shrikes

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amen!

Thanks everyone for your service - and there's quite a few of you on NDA!

- - - Updated - - -

hoo rah. thanks wildeyes. Same goes out to all the veterans on here as well.

VFA 94 - Home of the Mighty Shrikes

So in my IGNORANCE I sort of chuckled at the thought of a "mighty" little bird

I stand corrected!

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
On this Veterans Day,
To those that have served this nation in our military, thank you.
For the protection of the core ideals of this nation that relied on your service and sacrifice, thank you.
Because the freedom to live the life I do is not free, it is a result of your service and sacrifice, thank you.
The freedom to mold the future of this nation for my sons and daughter exists because of your service and sacrifice, thank you.
The greatness of everything good this nation represents is because of your service and sacrifice, thank you.
May you and your families know your service and yours and their sacrifice is held in true respect, admiration and appreciation.
Thank you.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks ladies and gentlemen who put your lives in harms way for the rest of us
God bless America

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
So in my IGNORANCE I sort of chuckled at the thought of a "mighty" little bird I stand corrected!

I had the same thought's when I looked at my orders. In the ready room, there was a giant picture of one with a grasshopper impaled on a barbed wire fence.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you veterans! My dad fought in Korea, and was proud to be a Legionnaire. It was a big part of his life and who he was as a person. He never liked talking about it much, but we got to read some of the letters he wrote to my mother while he was over there. He was on the front lines and even won some medals. The one letter he wrote talked of a patrol he was on where they ambushed some "gooks". I always knew he fought and killed the enemy, but to read his words about it brought a new perspective and respect for him as a man. Some war movies, the most realistic ones, he didn't like to watch. They must have brought back some vivid memories.

Reminds me of the quote from Eastwood in Unforgiven, 'Hell of a thing killing a man, you take away all he's got, and he's ever gonna have.'

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83