Vietnam day

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wednesday, March 29 is Vietnam Day.

Parade at 1:00, beer and lunch afterward with a little bit of Vietnam era music and maybe some less than intelligent talk. At least by night end.

Thank you is not needed for me. But the thought is appreciated.
I was the lucky one to have serve my country. Never would of went if not for the draft.

My experience was positive (they shot at us, we shot at them) even the 10 months i spent on a hilltop by the DMZ and am not completely sure how this all affected my life but i keep it on the positive side and did adjust well due to another vet at the bar one night when i came home. He may me understand by his action (he was passed out at the bar) there was a whole new life in front of me to live for. The past was the past with memories to be held later in life.

California here i went to live with the long hair hippies and their love child's.

I do commend those today that have volunteer to serve this country be it Vietnam or at any time in our history and today. My thank you goes out to them.
i asked all to please spend a moment to reflect on all our veterans and their serves. Also, a moment to think about all the pain and grief cause by this conflict on all and those that still suffer today. db-2

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wednesday, March 29 is Vietnam Day.

Parade at 1:00, beer and lunch afterward with a little bit of Vietnam era music and maybe some less than intelligent talk. At least by night end.

Thank you is not needed for me. But the thought is appreciated.
I was the lucky one to have serve my country. Never would of went if not for the draft.

My experience was positive (they shot at us, we shot at them) even the 10 months i spent on a hilltop by the DMZ and am not completely sure how this all affected my life but i keep it on the positive side and did adjust well due to another vet at the bar one night when i came home. He may me understand by his action (he was passed out at the bar) there was a whole new life in front of me to live for. The past was the past with memories to be held later in life.

California here i went to live with the long hair hippies and their love child's.

I do commend those today that have volunteer to serve this country be it Vietnam or at any time in our history and today. My thank you goes out to them.
i asked all to please spend a moment to reflect on all our veterans and their serves. Also, a moment to think about all the pain and grief cause by this conflict on all and those that still suffer today. db-2
Good read db....have a great time,you earned it.

BTW,my draft #13...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for all the likes, it is appreciated by all veterans.

One needs to understand that to have served is important in itself as some were unable to.
By the way did not find what i was looking for in California,
I hope there is a parade in more than one town. Here at first, it was a parade of one, in time the family joined in and last year around 20.
Just grab a friend and walk down main street on Wednesday. Carry a sign what the walk is for.

Snow:
Did not have a draft number as after my time. I ended up volunteering for the draft. db

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those of us that never had to go in draft are truly appreciative for those that did and we thank you. I have many friends who drink and do drugs to handle it, no problem. I will buy anyone a drink if I know this or steak dinner. God Bless America.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never did say where this parade is?. Gonna be a chilly one.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20230328_153234[1].jpg

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Put sign up this morning. Wife made two pans of bars plus food. Hope for a touch under 300 at parade. Ha ha. Daughter sent event and time to city face book and city web but as of now it is not on.
I think maybe some of the bigger cities are having a parade and i believe there is one in Rolla. Not sure on that.
But for what it is worth i do enjoy doing some things in my retirement and i am sure some others do enjoy also. Besides Vietnam era music i assume i will play one other song if appropriate which i am sure it will be if some ladies show up. db

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope you get your 290 walkers for the parade in Secretville. But you better slice them bars awwwwffuuulll thin so they can go around. (y)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84