Amazon Go, (minimum wage increase supportors)

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
This looks pretty cool, Some of these people better think about all this stuff, before demanding/protesting for a $15/hr minimum wage. I wonder how long until someone comes out with a metal lined bag that won't read the items when you walk out.

McDonald's has also been rolling out automated cashiers also, especially in new York and California where the increased minimum wage passed.

Last edited:

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw this the other day, great idea, but like you said it seems like it wouldn't be that hard to maneuver your way around the system.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think most of these places realize that there will be theft, just like self checkout at Walmart. But guess what, they have figured out that some theft is cheaper than paying employees to staff checkout counters.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be a lot less theft if they monitor things closely for the first few weeks, and punish the first couple shoplifters appropriately- shit beat out of them, loss of hand, etc. Probably straighten things out pretty quick with minimal law enforcement involvement and no burden on the court/jail system.;)

Edit- loss of limb may be a little extreme, but a few busted fingers would possibly deter future problems

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I imagine most of it will be done by camera. They would have to to avoid the "I got charged for this but didnt get it."

- - - Updated - - -

The Iorny is everyone will support this as a wonderful advancment in technology. More and more jobs will go to robots or computers. Its not China so its a good thing. We'll end up with a $50 min wage but you'll need 4yr degree to get these jobs since there will be so few.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 174
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84