Fipronil - Frontline

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is the devil - at least for magic poodles.

Royce is puking/crapping sick and has ulcers and sores all over.

2017-04-06 08.27.52.jpg
ulcers along his ribs

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Poor guy! That looks awful. I switched to NexGard in the edible nugget form last year for my lab and shepherd. Very pleased with the results

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Strange indeed. I've been using Frontline on my lab for close to 9 years, and haven't had any issues to speak of.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Poor guy! That looks awful. I switched to NexGard in the edible nugget form last year for my lab and shepherd. Very pleased with the results

Us too. The pill is the way to go. Screw applying that liquid stuff. Same price. Same active ingredients. Same results. NO MESS.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably should get the dog on some stuff again. Vet told me I didn't have to worry too much about it in the winter time.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
seriously though, i would like to do this.
Just run a bead of Frontline down your back fur. It'll work. But in all seriousness Guy, I've been reading on fipronil vs. afoxolaner vs. seresto and there doesn't seem to be a logical pattern to side effects in any of the drugs. Some pups get it every time, some it's once and never again, and others it's a progressively worse thing. I didn't like how the fipronil made Kaia the lab groggy for the day after administration. Switched to NexGard chewables and no more fuzz brained dog. Efficacy seems to be the same too

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just run a bead of Frontline down your back fur. It'll work. But in all seriousness Guy, I've been reading on fipronil vs. afoxolaner vs. seresto and there doesn't seem to be a logical pattern to side effects in any of the drugs. Some pups get it every time, some it's once and never again, and others it's a progressively worse thing. I didn't like how the fipronil made Kaia the lab groggy for the day after administration. Switched to NexGard chewables and no more fuzz brained dog. Efficacy seems to be the same too

hmm is fur a must have? if so id have to go with chest pubes application as my back is hairless (its a miracle!)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hmm is fur a must have? if so id have to go with chest pubes application as my back is hairless (its a miracle!)

patience grasshopper - they will come in just about the time you think you dodged having them

And some will be 3 inches long like old growth Redwoods of the human back - like the movie The Fly

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
patience grasshopper - they will come in just about the time you think you dodged having them

And some will be 3 inches long like old growth Redwoods of the human back - like the movie The Fly

ack!

- - - Updated - - -

couldve done without the jeff goldblum fly image

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

thanks for the heads up never knew this product existed. the last 10 years weve used front line as well as k9 advantix on both our labs and results were good but the female is bat shit crazy ( destroyed the indestructible kong in like 45s) and doesn't like to be pinned down to apply it so ive been saying for years dam they need a chewable tablet but never looked. you made my day!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

I once had a full head of luscious hair, like Robert Plant, I now have a back of luscious hair like sasquatch and a mostly bald head.

Live my friend, live like you only have 2 years left, cause that's about how long you have left until my story is yours...:;:smokin

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]I used Bravecto last year and bought it again this year. One time (12 week) edible. I live out in the country and it worked great last year.[/h]

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had to switch from frontline plus because of issues with the pooch as well.. went with nexguard.. prolly do that again this year..prolly should pick some up today in fact.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82