Suggestions for Northern Pike

Kafriesz

I usually fish Napoleon's west lake but I'm looking for new scenery. Drove down to Beaver lake but couldn't find a good place from shore... anyone care to help me out?? I was going to check out Alkaline but I want to hear if anyone gets good luck there shore fishing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a causeway on the SW side of Alkaline that has a couple culverts under it. Fish so you have the wind at your back and there should be pike at the end of the culverts.

I've walked out on the culverts (they aren't that long) and dropped a bobber right off the end with a minnow under it and caught quite a few in past years.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Let me know when you want to fish Alkaline and I will troll by where ever you are shore fishing and you can cast behind my boat. There is usually a hungry school of northern right behind my boat all day long and where ever I go.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let me know when you want to fish Alkaline and I will troll by where ever you are shore fishing and you can cast behind my boat. There is usually a hungry school of northern right behind my boat all day long and where ever I go.

Ha ha, ain't that the truth. I've had days where I have pulled 40 of them in to catch a limit of eyes.

Kafriesz

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Hopefully I'll be getting out to some of those spots next weekend!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rice lake south of Strasburg is full of them things.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 174
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84